Chapter 40

"If you expect the world to be fair with you
Because you are fair, you are fooling yourself.

-

-

-

That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

Riddhima was beyond angry at Sejal. She always knew Sejal was ambitious, competitive, and stubborn from the start. And Riddhima was okay with it though most times Sejal's behavior hurt her; she had learned to adjust. As long as her sister was happy. Riddhima had an inkling why Sejal was doing it. She was aware of Sejal's attraction toward rich men and money. But there is a limit to everything and this is unacceptable. She must stop this nonsense.

"What is taking her so long?" Riddhima stopped her pacing and faced Vansh who was leaning on the wall casually browsing through his phone. He shrugged and again returned his attention to his phone. He looked relaxed and least bothered by the news. She looked at him suspiciously. Did he already know?

"Boss, they are coming!" Angre entered the room with Ishani in tow

"I am here just for some good entertainment" Ishani smirked and settled herself on the couch.

"Ishani leave" Aangre bit out

"Let her stay," Vansh ordered. Angre was shocked but he recovered quickly and nodded.

Her eyes narrowed, before she could say anything Sejal entered the room along with that creepy man followed by his son and daughter.

"Vansh" the old man greeted Vansh jovially.

"Mehta" Vansh nodded his head, his stance rigid once again. "Thought, I clearly told you that we wish to speak with just Ms. Sejal Shastri."

"What Sejal Shastri, she is soon going to be MRS. Mehta. We are going to be family Vansh. Don't be a stranger"

"What is it Riddhima? Can't you see I was enjoying the party thrown in my honor?" Sejal leaned on Gagan's arm

Riddhima closed her eyes in exasperation. She wanted to chat with her sister one-on-one but if this is what she wants...

"Stop this madness Sejal." Riddhima pulled her away from Gagan.

"What madness? I love Gagan, he loves me. I know this is quite a shocker for you. Regardless you have to accept that your sister got a lover who is as rich as Vansh"

"Ha" came a short, derisive laugh from none other than the queen of insults "As rich as my brother? Are you smoking marijuana these days? Mehtas can never be as rich as Raisinghanias. Didn't Gagan's uncle inform you properly, Sejal Aunty?"