Chapter 5

It was late in the day, and Rachel was seen at the Hauser Manor.

Alfred:
You sure you don't want to come in?

Rachel:
I have to get back. I wanted to leave this. Thank you.

Aiden:
Rachel?

She looks to see Aiden, and behind him was a big 24, Alfred hands Aiden his birthday present as he approached Rachel.

Rachel:
Looks like someone's been burning the candle at both ends. Must've been quite an occasion.

Aiden:
It is my birthday.

Rachel:
I know. I'm sorry I can't come tonight. I was just dropping off your present.

Suddenly Pamela appeared out of nowhere.

Pamela:
You've got better plans?

Rachel:
My boss has been missing for days... ...which means I should probably start by looking... ...at the bottom of the river.

Aiden:
Rachel.

Her cellphone rings.

Rachel:
Excuse me. Rachel Dawes. Who authorized that? Get Crane down there now. Don't take no for an answer. Call Dr. Lehmann, tell him we need our own assessment to the judge by morning.

Aiden:
What's wrong?

Rachel:
It's Falcone. Dr. Crane moved him to Arkham Asylum on suicide watch.

Pamela:
Suicide watch? That's odd.

Rachel:
My thoughts exactly.

Aiden:
You're going to Arkham now? It's in the Narrows, Rachel.

He stated with concern.

Rachel:
You enjoy your party, Aiden. Some of us have work to do.

Aiden:
You be careful.

He told her.

Rachel:
Happy birthday.

She said as she leaves. Aiden then opened his present to see the Arrowhead that Rachel found along with a note that said: "Finders Keepers".

 Aiden then opened his present to see the Arrowhead that Rachel found along with a note that said: "Finders Keepers"

Pamela:
She kept it all these years?

Aiden:
I guess she did.

She looks up at him to see a certain look in his eyes. He then runs for the southeast wing.

Alfred:
But, Master Hauser, the guests will be arriving.

Aiden:
Keep them happy until I arrive. Tell them that joke you know.