Car Accident

@teeloganroryflanagan For you my dear!

Niall wasn't talking. He had come home from vacation with his family and hadn't spoken since. Something had happened over break but the boys didn't know what was going on with him. He had been very clingy to Liam and was more distant from the rest of the boys.

One night after dinner, they were all sitting around watching a movie. Liam and Niall were sitting together on the couch and the rest of the boys were on the ground. Liam was talking to Niall like he did every night.

"Niall, you've got to talk to us. Even if it's just one of us. Tell me what's going on. Come on baby," Liam coaxed. "Why won't you talk to us? Something happened and it affected you majorly."

Niall shook his head and got up from the couch. He went into his room and shut the door.

"Ok, I don't like this. He hasn't spoken for 2 weeks. I figured he'd snap out of it by now," Louis said.

"I know, I think we need to take him to a doctor," Harry said. The other two boys nodded in agreement.

"It's good we haven't had to record and we are just writing songs now because he wouldn't be able to record."

They heard footsteps on the stairs and Niall appeared at the base of the stairs. Everyone was looking at him. "Liam, I need to talk to you," he said. His voice was changed, probably from underuse. The boys gasped and their mouths dropped open. Niall was talking.

"Niall! Ok come here, let's talk baby." Niall shook his head. He pointed up the stairs. Liam was surprised he was talking, so he followed him up the stairs.

Niall was holding his hand and he led him into his room. They sat down on the bed and Niall immediately started crying. Liam pulled him into a hug and held him until he was calmed down enough. Once he could speak again, Liam let go of him and looked at him.

"Ok, so over break... um, my brother, mum, dad, Denise, and Theo died."

"What!?!?! Why haven't we heard about this?" Niall shrugged.

"No one knows. My mum had just come in from picking my dad up at the airport and Greg, Denise, and Theo were pulling out. The two cars hit head on and everybody died. I had come out to greet my father and watched them hit each other. I watched my whole family die. There was nothing I could do to save them. By the time I reached the cars, everybody was dead." Tears came again and Liam was too stunned to move for a minute.

"Ni, I'm really sorry. You should tell the other two." He wrapped his arms around Niall and felt tears come to his own eyes.

"No! I'm not ready to tell them yet. I've lost my whole family. You are all I have left," Niall said sadly, looking up at Liam.

"What about the other boys? They care about you."

"Not like you do. I don't feel as safe with them as I do with you."

"Ok, well are you going to talk to them?"

"I don't know. I feel like every time I open my mouth, I'm going to cry. I don't want them to think of me any differently."

"Hon, I think they should know. I can tell them if you want but you honestly need to let them know. I have to go into the studio tomorrow to meet with Simon, and you, Harry, and Louis are staying here. Text me if you need me."

"Ok. What should I do Liam?"

"About what? Your parents?" Niall nodded. "Well, I think we should tell the boys and go from there. You can always talk to me if you need something. You know that though, right?"