11. You Have To Take Responsibility

A wisp of breath escaped Belinda's lips as she watched Stavros with a frown on her face.

What was he planning? 

When they had parted, he did been so angry at her for asking him if he was connected with the Gonzalez family, and for asking him if he were now rich Belinda was sure he wouldn't want to lay eyes on her again, but here he was heading towards her again, and Belinda didn't think she have the energy for another confrontation.

So before he could get to the table she was serving, Belinda quickly surrendered the last glass to the guest who was asking for it and hurried away. 

Just when Belinda thought she had escaped, and was about to enter the route which would take her right around the corner, to where they had parked their white Stavros appeared and blocked her path causing Belinda to suck in a breath with a hiss, as she took a staggering step back to avoid ramming into him.

The cold breeze which blew past them made Belinda to shiver slightly and she hugged her empty tray to her stomach.

For a while, Stavros said nothing to her. Only gazing at her curiously. His face was wiped clean of every expression so Belinda had no way of telling what he was thinking, so she focused her attention on his eyes, which were pinned on her, and he opened his mouth and said,

 "Are you hiding from me, Belinda?" 

Then his lips twitched to the side mockingly. His eyes hard as he drawled, "Still disappointed after so many years."

For sometime now, whenever Belinda talked to Stavros. it had always come as a second nature for her to speak in a voice so full of contempt and scorn. She did it without thinking. 

So when she lifted her chin to answer him, it was in this manner that she muttered, "I have no need to hide from you." Then "What can I do for you?"

As she watched, his expression turned cold, and it looked like he was contemplating something before he drew his tux jacket back, and he fished out what seemed like a cheque book, his eyes pinned heavily on her. 

"Earlier, when I had ruined your glasses, i said i will reimburse you. I did like to do that now."

Belinda swallowed. So he hadn't been following her because he wanted another confrontation? Or discuss the fact that earlier, he had been looking at her lips like he wanted to kiss her! Belinda turned her face away harshly and bit out. "There is no need for you to pay. I can handle it."

"I insist," He hissed. As though he did like to get this over and been done with her. As though he wanted to rid himself of her presence, which kind of annoyed Belinda to a great extent, so she waved her hand like she was talking to an employee, her tone condescending. "Really, there is no need for you to do that. Like i said, i can handle..."

"Is this enough?" Stavros quickly scribbled an amount and handed it to her. More like threw it at her. Belinda gritted her teeth as she felt her anger rising. What was he trying to do?

"If that isn't enough, perhaps this will," he scribbled another amount, tore it off, and this time shoved it into her hand. 

When Belinda looked down at the cheque, somehow she had the sudden prescience they were no longer taking about the same thing. Because, for one, the amount he had written there was ridiculous.

Too high a price for those wine glasses and champagne flutes he had broken. And with each time he scribbled a new amount and handed it to her, he looked at her like he expected her to remember something. It was as though he was transported back to the past, while in the present with her.