16

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Paranoia engulfed your entire being.

Your senses were on haywire as you stumbled to your window, unknowingly stepping onto the shattered glass that laid on the floor. Allowing the shards to dig into the soles of your feet.

Shaky palms gripped the windowsill, crushing the fragments of the window into tinier bits, causing the blood to trickle down to your forearm and drip to the floor.

Eyes wide in panic, you frantically whipped your head around in search for whoever just threw the rock onto your room.

Surely they weren't far.

As you were taking a deep breath, preparing to shout your lungs out, Mafu came rushing in with a first aid kit, while your mother stood by the door.

"Nee-chan! I heard crashing and- a-are you okay!?"

Snapping out of your trance, you slowly turned around to look at your frantic brother who was trying his best not to step onto the mess your stalker had made to get to you safely.

"Ah." Your gaze snapped to your mother. She held an unreadable expression, her face was blank. Though her eyes were red, indicating she had been ingesting something beforehand.

You furrowed your brows, Mafu probably had to drag her up here to do something yet she does nothing.

"I think... I need to get some fresh air."

Going out might be a foolish idea considering that they're out there, but then again, it'd be better if you finally came face to face with them, than continuing on cowering in the dark.

Confronting them seems like a good option.

Maybe then they'll leave you alone once you call out their bullshit.

However, as you walked down the sunny path, heading towards the local park, you couldn't help but to fasten your walking pace.

Yeah... going out actually was a bad idea.

Even if it's halfway through the afternoon and it wasn't dark yet, you still couldn't muster up the courage to turn around and face them.

Mostly because the sheer aura that follows behind you was suffocating and dripping with darkness.

'Shit shit shit.' Your mind repeated the same word as if it were a mantra, causing you to go out of focus, ultimately making you bump into a muscular wall once you swiftly turned around the corner.

"I'm sor- Takashi?" You blurted out.

The latter seemed to be quite surprised about your sudden appearance, almost nervous, but it was quick to be masked up by happiness once finally seeing you after long grueling weeks.

"Hey, [Name]! You were heading to the park, yeah?" The lilac haired boy gave you a warm smile as he smoothly snaked his hand to your waist, pulling you closer to him as he guided to along the path, continuing your walk. You almost didn't notice him looking behind you with an unreadable expression.

You didn't mind the closeness between the two of you, in fact, his arm wrapped around your waist gave you a sense of security, being held by somebody you trust was like the shield you longed for during this times.

"Y-yeah actually. How'd you know? Are you some kind of stalker or something?" You joked.

His grip tightened slightly before returning back to normal, he raised a brow at you before cheekily smiling, "Yeah? And what if I am, princess?"

You laughed it off, punching his arm as you leaned away from him, "Eww, I gotta call the police then."

"I'd rather you handcuff me than some random officer."

His sudden flirtatious comment sent bursts of heat to engulf your cheeks. Safe to say it really caught you off guard.

"On a serious note though," His laughter died down, making the atmosphere a bit tense. "What happened to your hands?" Before you knew it, he had your bandaged hand on his, caressing it with delicate care. "Did h- somebody do this to you?" His tone was no longer sweet, but instead, cold.

Your eyes widened for a second before pulling it away, "Ah... I just accidentally crushed a glass cup. I got irritated, s'all."

It was a lie, obviously.

"Ah. I see." It looked like he believed your white lie, though a part of you felt like he didn't. But of course, who were you to know.

"I heard there's a coffee shop near the park, want to check it out?"

And just like that, you absentmindedly nodded to his decision, a bit taken aback at his quick changing mood.

You found it quite odd how he didn't question the reasoning behind you locking yourself from the world for a few weeks. But knowing Mitsuya, he was probably being sensitive about your feelings and that he'll ask about it later.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤
thank you sm for 500+ likes
a special chapter is coming its way !!!