No Pain, No Gain

"Now keep the scalpel horizontally and make an incision from this point to this." The lieutenant nodded under the observation of the trauma surgeon as he held the scalpel in his hand and proceed to make an incision with precision. He kept the point on the point the surgeon mentioned and applied pressure resulting in the massive opening of the skin and the clear red liquid oozing out. The commander was pushed aside as the surgeon kept the thick cotton swab on the ruptured area, and sewing the opened wound on the dead body.

"I did exactly what-"

"The pressure you applied was too much. A little pressure would easily allow you to make the incision precisely. Wait a minute." The surgeon sew the wound and cleared the body's skin moving on to another area.

"Here, as I told you befoee, your thumb on the lower side, forefinger in the uper side. The rest of the fingers around the arm of scalpel. The initial pressure should be enough to make a little scratch. The blade is sharp enough to cut through the skin. Then drag it with the pressure as if you are using a pen. The skin would open up." The lieutenant listened in rapt and followed what the surgeon said. After few practises, the lieutenant was smooth in making the incision.

Shoulder's straight!" The surgeon quickly adjusted his shoulders more properly yet everytime it seemed that it wasn't enough.

"The recoil would be forceful. You need to know the reverse force while shooting. Keep your front leg stiff. If you slack off, you won't be able to balance yourself and your aim would never be proper."

"I am trying." The surgeon's voice seemed pissed yet the lieutenant's voice was ever gentle.

"Nothing is easy. You know this well. I slack of during my training, you slack off in yours, its totally normal. We are atleast learning." The surgeon let out a defeated groan as he took few deep breathes and continued shooting on the premise under the careful survelliance of the lieutenant.

Its been ten days already both Gu Yiye and Yang Zhen living in the outskirts in a secret house. The basement had an underground soundproof training room for physical combat and learning shooting. Also in a cabin they had arranged for all the basic and common medical equipments so that Yang Zhen could assist and teach Gu Yiye and famaliarise him to new tools and equipments. Both the men have been busy practising their new teachings and preaching out their field of knowledge.

It was night time as Gu Yiye knocked on the door of Yang Zhen's room to invite him for dinner. Its been more than few normal seconds and Gu Yiye hadn't heard a reply.

"Yang Zhen! Its time for dinner!" Gu Yiye knocked again but heard no reply.

"Zhen-ah!" When he heard no reply again Gu Yiye made up his mind to enter room.

"I am coming in." Announcing his intentions, Gu Yiye pushed the door open and his eyes soften to various degrees. Yang Zhen was sprawled on the bed with his vest on, clearly displaying the unattended bruises on his body due to sparring match they have in the end of the practise to see the progress of the training. Gu Yiye slowly walked in, picking up the first aid kit. He dabbed the cotton swab in the medicinal tincture and gently applied those on the bruises so as to make them heal fast. While Gu Yiye was tending the bruises very seriously, he failed to notice a pair of drowsy eyes looking at him working so tediously.

"I can do it myself." Yang Zhen said out loud startling the lieutenant who looked at the sleepy figure looking at him with drowsy eyes.

"I thought you were sleep-"

"I was but I am not such a deep sleeper who won't get up if someone's touching me." Gu Yiye kept the cotton swab and got up awkwardly as Yang Zhen too sat up yawning and rubbing his eyes.