Chapter 4: Adventure

Opal started packing. She brought Peridot, of course, her flashlight, her bandages, her sword, her bow and arrows and some food.

She zipped her bag shut.

Opal swung her bag onto her shoulders and grabbed her key from the front door. Opening the door outside, she walked very far away. It wasn't soon before she reached the end of the town. It was mid-Saturday already, but the road was deserted. A forlorn lake was near the road.

She stared down at the shore and looked around. The breeze gently lifted up the tree, and when she scanned her area, she suddenly caught a glimpse of black within the tangled vines. She cautiously walked over to the blackness and pushed the vines away. To her amazement, there was a giant cave opening, where wisps of smoke coming from the inside!

Opal knew that something didn't seem right, so she slipped inside, hiding behind a corner. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the tall figure move around. Opal was very scared.

She quickly dodge away and hid in the shadows. Then she decided to crouch down, she wait for the tall figure to make his/her's next move. After a while, the man walked out without noticing Opal, with a cigarette in his mouth. Soon, he disappeared out of Opal's sight. "That was close!" she thought aloud. It was obvious what would happen to Opal if she didn't leave now. However, as she glanced back at the cave, she felt like she wanted to discover it. Allowing curiosity to get better of her, she decided to go in and discover what is inside.

The cave was dark and murky. Small drizzles of water dropped from the ceiling and constantly rained on Opal's head. As she further in, she realized the cave was tiny. A small pond was found, with rocks next to it covered with clean green moss. A net was placed next to it, with an old bag filled with food. Grabbing her canteen, she filled water from the pond and headed back out.

On her way out, she spotted something on the rocky ground. "What might this contain?" Opal wondered as she picked up the worn and thin wallet.