1. Cookies

Two boys sat under a yet to flower Cherry Blossom tree in the middle of the training yard. Their backs leaning against each other. One was resting and the other provided comfort. The sun shined bright and the heat was slowly rising.

"Hey Giyuu, are you hungry because I'm starving? I haven't eaten at all since our last mission this morning." The black haired boy woke up from his nap. He yawned and stretched his arms up and wide. "Yeah I am sort of hungry. We could make some onigiri together if you would like." Giyuu looked back at the boy behind him while waiting for a response. The boy's face lightened up. "I heard the Butterfly Estate is making dessert for the hashira." "What are you implying Sabito?" Giyuu was scared of what his friend was about to say. A cheeky smile formed on his face. "How about we sneak into the estate and snag some treats. Call it 'training our stealth'" Sabito said while making a pretend rainbow in the air.

Giyuu was skeptical. Sabito has always been a loud risk taking friend. He was always so optimistic and proud. That's something Giyuu loved about Sabito. If It weren't for Sabito's extrovertedness on the day they met, they would have never been best friends. Giyuu wasn't the extroverted type though. He was always closed in and only spoke to the very few people he trusted. Anyone who trained him, and his best friend; Sabito.

At the Butterfly Estate

Shinobu had been working on a special type of potion. She thought that if she had made this potion and injected it into an untamed demon, it would give them the ability to love again. (or so not romantically was her goal) she had put them into cookies to test them on some humans as well. She was debating whether she should or should not. "Shinobu san! We need extra help! Obanai and Uzui had started to fight again and they won't calm down! We need your help Shinobu sama!" Aoi was in distress at the door of her bosses lab. "Oh my, oh my, not again? These boys need to know how to compose themselves" She quickly left the room leaving the cookies unattended.

Sabito and Giyuu watched her leave through a window. "Now's our chance giyuu! I can smell the cookies from here!" the peach haired boy whispered and rubbed his hands together. "Do you really think this is a good idea Sabito? I have a bad feeling about this." Giyuu looked at Sabito with worry. "Don't be such a party pooper Giyuu" he grabbed his hand and dragged him along.

They crept through the halls making sure the workers didn't catch them. They finally made it to the lab room. The cookies were still warm and smelled delightful. "Giyuu the cookies!" Sabito was a sucker for sweets. Sabito ate three cookies before remembering to offer to Giyuu. Giyuu isn't the type of person to laugh or smile but he did. He tried covering it up so Sabito wouldn't notice but he did anyway. Sabito stopped chewing his eighth cookie to look at Giyuu. His eyes were wide and his jaw was on the floor. Giyuu, who hadn't stopped laughing, started to laugh harder at the sight of his best friend's bewildered face. He was holding his stomach trying not to pee himself. "Oh sabito hahahah your face hahaha I can't!" Giyuu was starting to tear up from laughing so much.

The moment ended and the two boys were stuffed. "Giyuuuuuuuuuu" Sabito groaned while holding his stomach. "My stomach hurtssss" Giyuu was carrying his friend with his arm around his shoulder. "You shouldn't have eaten all those cookies. Do you know how much you ate?" "Back to your usual self aye? Anyways I ate about uhhhhhhh" Sabito didn't have an answer.

The evening sun and wind was cold. The two friends walked home before dark. The breeze would pick up every now and then, sending shivers down the boys back. "Sabito I'm so cold" Giyuu was always feeling cold. The weather could be warm but he would still complain about the cold. "Oh giyuu you're always cold. Neither of us have a sweater so you have to wait until we get home" Giyuus face was still. He unconsciously moved closer to sabito and grabbed his arm. "You're so warm Sabito" Sabito looked at Giyuu. What is he doing? Should I move my arm away and let him be cold? If I don't people around us would think we're a couple. But I wouldn't mind that... I think...

Let me know how you guys liked this first chapter! i tried hahaha I'll update this soon

Preview of next chapter: Shinobu finds out about the cookies and decides to use the boys as guinea pigs...