Chapter 13

Chapter 13: My husband keeps a tight rein on me and doesn’t let me drink outside. (1)

Hosting in a bar earned a lot of money, but it wasn’t easy profit. Lisa had just come to the stage to warm up the event with an opening when there was a booing from below.

“Such nice breasts and legs, what are you covering them for?”

It was not Lisa’s first time coming to the bar. There were a lot of fish and snakes mixed in together here. Whatever they said, you shouldn’t be bothered by it. Once you did, there would be no end to it.

Hearing the boos, Lisa only smiled and, with a few sentences, she warmed up the event. Then she went down.

The bar actually didn’t need much of a warm up. Most of the people who came here wanted to hang out and have fun. After several performances, the dance floor was mingling with screaming music that was so loud it gave people a headache.

Lisa finished her opening and headed to the bar to sit down. Next up was Rosé’s crosstalk. From where she sat the view was excellent and she could watch the performance of Rosé and her senior brother very well.

As soon as she sat down, a few people came to the bar stool beside her. Most of the people in the group were boys, similar in age to her, and not bad in appearance. They wore fashionable branded clothes and had an air of rich second generation.

When those boys came to sit beside her, they first stayed together and talked. Then, not long after, someone tapped her on the shoulder. Lisa looked back and a boy closest to her handed her a glass of wine.

“Drink’s on me.” The boy was quite good-looking. With white skin, a high nose, and slightly smaller eyes, he looked a bit like he was part of a K-pop band.

As soon as the glass of wine was handed over, the men who followed behind the boys looked at the two and whistled in unison. The quite good-looking boy smiled and looked at her, nuzzled his mouth and gestured for her to drink it.

Lisa didn’t want to offend anyone, but she knew that wine handed over by others in a bar couldn’t be drunk casually. She smiled apologetically, waved her hand and said, “My husband keeps a tight rein on me and doesn’t let me drink outside.”

Hearing her words, several people were stunned at first, then burst into laughter.

The boy smiled and asked her, “Your husband is your boyfriend, right? It’s okay, just drink it. I just want to be friends with you. The wine is clean, there’s nothing in it.”

Su Qiuzi shook her head and corrected with a smile, “Not a boyfriend. I’m married.”

As soon as she finished, she saw the boys’ expressions change as they seemed to be pondering the truth of her words. The people behind him, having long grown impatient, handed the wine to her. “How old are you to be married? This great young man can easily hang your husband in a tree. Besides, so what if you’re married, you can still have an affair…”

His last words were ambiguous and, as soon as they were finished, the people following him chuckled and laughed again meaningfully.

While those people were laughing, the glass of wine in front of Lisa was taken away by one hand. The blue cocktail was put back on the bar and, before Lisa could react, she had an extra glass of juice in her hand.

She froze slightly and looked up at the man standing beside her, who was looking down at her with a pair of pitch-black eyes.

As soon as the man came, the ambiguous laughter stopped abruptly. Those several boys looked at the man in front of them and they were speechless for a moment.

The man exuded an aura of maturity and dignity with his long, upright figure and elegant, refined temperament. The charm of this man was far beyond their reach.

This was the first time Lisa met her husband after their wedding night.

Before she could snap back, Lisa hadn’t figured out how to say hello to Jungkook. She simply got off the bar stool with her juice and stood at his side. “Hu-Husband.”

His thin lips were slightly smiling, and Jungkook responded faintly.

“En.”