This Is My Kingdom Come

Summary: When Jade's kingdom is invaded, she is forced to escape and leave everything she's known behind. On her travels, she meets a blonde princess, who offers her another chance in life, giving her hope she thought she had lost for good.

Or, the one where they're both princesses, and Jade has a dragon and Perrie has a direwolf.

Jade isn't quite sure where to run, so she stands frozen for what seems like an eternity, staring at the scene in front of her. Dead bodies litter the ground and the screeches of all types of creatures whip through the air with lightning-like crackles.

Dragons, her dragons, full-grown beauties the sizes of castle towers, fly all around and spew fire onto the attackers. Jade's eyes dart between the attackers, noticing the different types of monsters being let loose. The beasts are things that she's never even seen before, things she's only ever heard tales about.

She hears the tiny blue dragon perched on her shoulder mewl into her ear and the sound is so heartbreaking that it snaps Jade out of her fright.

Her kingdom is being attacked and Jade has no idea whether her family is alive or not.

And so, Jade turns and – like she does with all of her problems – she runs away.

----

Jade feels dirty as she trudges through the forest, every area of the place looking the exact same as areas Jade had already been to. There's dirt and muck in places Jade's never wanted them to be in, the soles of her feet are cut up from all the walking she's done, her hair is a bird's nest, and she can't remember the last time she's properly bathed.

A couple months have passed since the attack on Jade's people and she's sure that every kingdom in the nearby vicinity has already heard about the raid. Word travels quickly nowadays. The brunette herself has learned more information about the attack, as well. One night, she picked up a local newspaper at one of the inns she spent the night at and read through the article with tears streaming down her face.

The kingdom – her kingdom – had been taken over by escaped prisoners who had set up camp in an underground base. There, they had been training monsters, which were once deemed untrainable because of their savage nature, for many years before the attack. Of course, with dragons being arguably the most powerful creature in the Realm, it's understandable why they'd attack the her kingdom first.

Now, the Thirlwall Kingdom was no more and, to everyone else's knowledge, all the Thirlwalls are dead. Except for Jade.

But no one knows that Jade is alive, and no one recognizes her, either.

She was never one for publicity.

So, she's changed her name to Amelia.

Just Amelia.

----

Jade jumps down from the branch she was perched on and lowers her dagger into the deer's neck. The animal screeches in pain before falling to the ground, dead, and Jade's dragon, Luna, flies down to land atop Jade's shoulder as she begins to skin the animal.

"You are going to eat well tonight, Luna," Jade mumbles, feeding a raw piece of meat to her companion before continuing to drag her knife through the deer's fur.

Luna and Jade had been born at the same night.

This was considered a sign of souls binding together, and it was unheard of until Jade was born. Jade had been the first Dragonborn in centuries.

But now she's considered dead to everyone in the Realm.

Jade's just glad that she still has Luna, she wouldn't know what to do without her.