Day 1 and I'm already engaged

"Ga Eun there you are!" ???

Quick! Think of something to say!

"Where were you? Do you know how worried I was? You were lietrally gone for 3 weeks!? What happened?" said Jae Hwa worriedly

"Yes actually I-"

"Did our sudden engagement shock you that much?

Wha-

What did he say?
.
.
.
.

ENGAGEMENT?!?!

I just entered this unknown world that I have no ckue about and I'm already engaged?!?! I'm not even the FEMALE LEAD! Why is HE engaged to ME?

Jae Hwa continued "I know it was supposed to be another month from now but you know how my father is. The sooner the job gets done the better.. I'm really sorry if the-"

"Wait I-I'm engaged?? To whom?" I panicking on the inside. I think my expressions were showing to much because Jae Hwa seemed visibly confused.

"To me.." he paused. "Ga Eun are you okay? You're acting kinda strange.." He said doubtfully

Shit! I misspoke!

"Y-You know w-what nevermind I was.. j-just uh.. I really gotta go now. I-I have homework! Catch you latter." I stuttered as I dashed like a criminal running from the crime spot. Jae Hwa just stood behind dumbfounded.

I don't know where I was going. I don't even know where my class is! I just kept on running around the building mindlessly hoping that Jae Hwa won't be chasing after me.

I stoped to catch my breath for a while. I looked around me. I was in a crowded hallway. But I didn't care about my surroundings or what other people may think. I didn't have time for that. For now I need to get my thoughts straight.

After catcting my breath for a while I began to walk without a destination in mind. I don't care weather the teacher would scold me for being late or not. My life is literally on the line here!

Even though I don't know anything about the novel that I'm in, I'm clearly not that dumb to not understand the situation. First of all I'm not the female lead. I'm an unknown character that has no purpose at all. So why would Jae Hwa and I be engaged? Shouldn't the female lead be in my situation rather than me? Shouldn't he go after the female lead instead of me?

And second of all since I've already met the male lead, that probably means that the other main characters are probably in this school also. In order for my survival I quickly need to find the female lead.

And also I thought Jae Hwa was supposed to be a cruel, ruthless person. Since I've heard from my friend how terrible and obssessive personality he had. But when I met him today, he seemed really worried about me. And he's manner of speaking was also very calm and charming.

To be honest for a person to kill and torture the female lead.. Jae Hwa seemed very nice. And he sure was handsome, Innocent and seemed very shy and concerned when I almost didn't show up for three weeks I wondered as a blush slowy crept up my face.

Ughh nooo! what am I saying? He's clearly a psycho! Anyways I really need to get rid of this dumb though-

"Ouch!" as I was walking mindlessly in the hallway I bumped into someone.

"I-I'm realllly sorry! I wasn't looking to where I was going! Ahh this is so embarrassing!" I said as a coverd my face with palm of my hands feeling guilty.

Great I've already made a fool out of myself on my first day!

"Oh no It's okay just be careful nex- Ga Eun? Is that you?" He said clearly surprised

Wait he also knows me..?

I slowly looked up to see who this boy infront of me was.

Blond hair
Black eyes..
Pale skin

He...

HE'S THE SECOND MALE LEAD? KANG HAN GYEOL?!?!?

"Ha-Han Gyeol!"

"Yes, It's me why do you seem so surprised? Are you okay? Are you sick or hurt? You were absent for 3 weeks! I was so worried that something might've happened!"

"N-no.. I'm fin-"

"Did that bastard do anything again?"

Bastard? Is he referring to Jae Hwa?

"N-no, no one did nothing! I'm fine.. It's just that I was a little sick.."

"Sick???!"

Shit... I shouldn't have said that..

"Look I'm really tired right now and I'll tell you why I was absent later. For now, I really need to hurry to class. Or else I'll be late so I hope you understand. I'll be going now."

"Oh.. Sure.."

"On second thought.." I paused, Do you happen to know where my class is" I said with an awkward laugh

Ah.. I hate my life..

I thought Han Gyeol would ask me another set of questions like, why don't I know? Am I crazy or somthing but luckily he didn't. Instead he happily lead the way as I walked behind him.

My class was not that far from where we were standing. After a solid 5 minute of walk through the busy hallway, we reached there.

"Thank you very much!" I said with teary eyes. I finally won't be scolded T_T

"Thank me latter. I still have some stuff to discuss with you. I hope you'll answer me honestly then."

I flinched, I knew he wasn't gonna let me off so easily. "s-sure.." I replied hesitantly, distancing my self from him.

Meanwhile I felt someones cold gaze on my back. I shivered as I looked behind me. It was Jae Hwa. He had a very different look in his eye. Completely different from the calm gaze in the morning.

We're in the same class?

I think Han Gyeol noticed that also. He looked to the diraction to where I was looking and his sweet innocent face insatantly turned bitter.

Jae Hwa got up and walked towards us. Every step he took felt like needles were stinging my whole body. I felt scared. I don't know anything about this world and the man that's approaching me, was definitely not normal.

I shut my eyes in fear, biting my lips.

Han Gyeol noticed my sudden change of expression. He put his hand forward me as an act to sheild me from him.

"Get away" Jae Hwa said coldly

"Why?" Han Gyeol scofed. "It's not like you own her or something.

"I do infact" Jae Hwa said as he took me in his arm and away from him. I was taken back by his action.

"She's my fiance" He said with a slight smirk in his face.

Han Gyeol looked defeated. He looked at me trying to fake a smile and left the classroom.

"It's okat he's gone now. He won't bother you anymore.

What? He thought he was bothering me? The real one bothering me is YOU mister!

I....

have nothing to say anymore..

"Ah. thanks Jae Hwa.. Anyways I better go to my seat" I said as I was walking away from him.

But I stopped me from going by holding my hand. He's crystal clear light blue eyes were piercing deep inside mine. Suddenly the cold air around him disappeared. A
He seemed sad. As though asking why I was ignoring him.

"Ga Eun we need to talk. I need to know where you were the past 3 weeks and what happened to you. You seem really out of it today" He said while giving me puppy dog eyes.

Damn this man is manipulating!

"I-I.."

"Oh look It's Ga Eun" The mysterious girl sneered