Chapter 5

Din Djarin stiffened not sure how to reply to Bo Katans request. He'd only just gotten the Dark Saber back for goodness sake. He didn't really want to fight for it it again.

Ahsoka stood off to his right, her arms crossed almost expressing what he was feeling. This again? He thought almost irritated at Katan.

"Are you sure?" Din Djarin said, not wanting to give up the saber. The Mandalorian leader shrugged. "I figured why not? Your not the true leader of Mandalor anyway." She remarked. Din Djarin flinched. She was right about that, but having the Dark Saber gave him authority.

No wonder she wanted it.

"Can't we discuss this....privately?" Din asked, noticing the other Mandalorians had gathered around them. Bo Katan smirked.

"Are you too afraid to face me Mando?" She challenged, riling up the Mandalorians. Din Djarin sighed, not sure how to respond.

He felt the stares of his fellow Mandalorians watching his every move. Then he looked at Bo Katan. What is she going to fight with? He thought, the tension thick in the air.

"What'll it be, Mando?" She jabbed at him, crossing her arms.  Din Djarin was about to speak when suddenly Ahsoka shoved him to the side at the same time he heard laser fire.

He hadn't even realized she'd shouted "Mando!" before he'd been shoved to the side. He landed hard on the ground, dust billowing around him.

"What the...?" The Mandalorian heard Bo Katan say, just as surprised as he was. There was another laser blast and one his fellow Mandalorians collapsed to the ground, a whole in their chest.

The other Mandalorians either scattered or prepared for some kind of on slaught

Ahsoka was right at Din Djarins side, hoisting him up. "Where's it coming from?" He whispered. She scanned their little base , the cantina closing and locking their doors.

"I can't tell just yet...too much dust." She replied. Another shot rang out and Din Djarin drew out his blasters. He didn't want anymore attention drawn to the Dark Saber. Too many people wanted to get their hands on it.

He and Ahsoka stood back to back, keeping an eye out for each other as the dust finally began  to settle. The Mandalorian paled a bit as he saw two others had fallen to the ground.

What's going on? He wondered, not even seeing where Bo Katan went. Another shot rang out, but this time he didn't hear it hit anything.

Glancing over his shoulder he saw Ahsoka, her palm out protecting him from a laser blast like back on Corescaunt. But this time Ahsoka redirected the blast back to wherever it came from.

"I'll keep this stranger busy; you run to the Cantina." She whispered. Din Djarin didn't want to run but they didn't know who the enemy was at the moment. 

He decided it was best to agree the Tortuga and ran towards his ship since the Cantina closed its doors. He was running up the gangplank when he felt a laser blast hit his shoulder which made him run faster.

Am I the target? He wondered as he close the gangplank wishing it would close faster.

                                                                       ....

Ahsoka glanced around their rebel base as the dust settled waiting for the attacker to reveal themselves. Since they seemed to be an assassin she figured they wouldn't want to reveal themselves.

She tried to listen, but there was so much chaos around her at the moment it was hard to focus on where the shot was coming from. Ahsoka hoped Sabine had gotten out of the way of the laser fire.

Another shot rang out but it seemed to have missed its target.

This time.

Ahsoka noticed some of the Mandalorians fighting back, but being cautious about whoever this ghostly enemy was.

Come on. Ahsoka thought wanting the enemy to reveal themselves. "Anything on our enemy?" A voice from behind whispered, making Ahsoka startled a little. Then she sighed in relief as she realized it was Sabine.

Ahsoka shook her head as two more blasts rang out. "No luck yet.I think he was targeting the Mando." Ahsoka said, deciding not to use Din Djarins name aloud.

Sabine pulled out her weapons, ready for a fight. "Ready whenever you are." She whispered as more shots rang out.

Ahsoka sighed. She was going to have to bring out her light sabers. She drew them out the familiar buzzing of the swords satisfying.

That's when a voice rang out. "Ah...a Jedi is in our midst." A deep metallic voice echoed throughout the Mandalorian rebel base.

Ahsoka stiffened. She'd heard tales of this assassin only from Anakin and Obi Wan who'd supposedly taken him out. He was so terrifying that not even Shak Ti would speak his name.

She felt a head of sweat run down her forehead, but didn't let any of her other nerves show. She had to be calm for this very moment.

"Who is this guy?" Sabine whispered, glancing around as if he'd appear out of no where. Ahsoka only had one name on her lips for the unknown assassin.

Derge.