21. The Tables Have Turned...

Michael's Point Of View:

"Uh....No...Please....dont...Mama NO!!!" Her cries awoken me as she had stirred and jump awake. This time when I held her I caress her face and kissed her neck.

"Zenia baby it's going to be okay I am right here." I say to her kissing her lips as she was crying. She held me close as her crying got deeper. I wanted her calm so I thought about the only thing that might do it.

"I don't need no dreams when I'm by your side...Every moment takes me to paradise...Darlin' let me hold you...Warm you in my arms and melt your fears away...Show you all the magic that a perfect love can make...I need you night and day...." I begin to sing to her in a soothing voice as I continue to caress her skin.

"So baby be mine...And girl I'll give you all I got to give...So baby be my girl...And we can share this ecstasy...As long as we believe in love..." I continued on singing and her cries stopped as her hands grabbed my face. She kissed me slow and deep. I smile once we caught our breath. I held her face close looking into her beautiful eyes.

"Michael...I am sorry I woke you up." I kiss her lips to make her stop talking.

"Please Zenia it's okay baby I am concerned about you. Are you alright was it that nightmare again?" I ask her pulling her to my chest as we laid down.

"Hm yeah...I didn't know you could sing baby?" She says as I rubbed her back.

"Eh only for you I never sung for anyone ever. But I didn't know how else to stop you from crying. I wanted you to stop hurting." I confess to her as I kiss her forehead.

"Thank you..." She says as we laid in silence. I begin caressing her trying to soothed her spirit. She laid against my chest listening to my heart that was beating for her as her hand rested next to her face. Our breathing becoming in sync with each other's.

"Do you want to tell me about it? I'll finish my story about you..." I say to her as we look out at the night sky window. Her soft naked skin against mine so intimately. Although she was anxious and sad this felt like a dream for me. I never thought I would have a love like I do with Zenia now.

"It was about the time after I had to go back with my mother. Raymond had just killed my guardian and raped me days before. CPS came and removed me from my classes at school because my mother had reported me as a runaway...." She begun her story and I feel my anger rise at the thought of Raymond hurting my woman.

"You see she had some friend in some high up authority position. Who forged my testimony and I was still placed back with her. The one teacher I had who cared about me was found brutally murdered. It was after she tried to inquire about getting me removed from my mother's care...I know Debra had something to do with that...." She continue on and I sigh. She may have even had more of a fucked up life than me.

"So no one ever dare to care about me like that ever again, that was until Keisha, Gabi and I thought William did too but I was wrong about him....Anyway one day my mother was looking for a fix. She don't care about anything other than her cocaine...Which is why I hate drugs and people who do them..." Zenia says and I kiss her shoulder.

"I do too baby I may sell it but I would never take it...Drug addicts are sloppy and desperate." I say agreeing with her feelings.

"Yeah well she needed some and we didn't have any money. I made the mistake of telling her I'll get a part-time job. Even though I hated how she was, that was still my mother you know? I was trying my best to make it work. Well she thought of a better idea of how to make it work. She dragged me outside to the alley near our buildings. Then one by one she peddle for men to come and do whatever they wanted to me." Zenia shivered and I held her tighter.