His True Form

Out of all the time you'd been with Loki, it was bound to happen. You just hadn't expected your first argument to be about something so serious.

Your first argument.

The entire day was going smoothly until Thor made a comment during a movie.

"You know, I think you can relate a lot to this 'Elsa' character, brother." You'd raised an eyebrow, popping a piece of popcorn in your mouth.

"Elsa? Whadaya mean Thor?" This confused the god, he thought you would've understood what he was getting at, seeing as how you can literally remember everything you're told.

And then it clicked in his mind.

"Brother, have you not told her that you're a Jo- "

"Thor," Loki, who had tensed up behind you, said in a warning tone. "One more word and I swear to the Norns I will gut you like a fish."

"Whoa," you cut in, placing a hand atop Loki's. "What are you guys talking about? 'Yo-' what?"

"Loki is not of Asgardian blood like you think," Thor responds, and that's when Loki jumps up, already conjuring a dagger.

"Thor, you witless oaf-"

"Boys, calm down," you sigh, trying to pull Loki back by the arm. The action put him off balance because of the strength of the pull, causing the sharp tool to fall out of his grip and slice you down the forearm. "Ow."

"Now look what you've made me do," Loki growls at his brother, and you stand up, breaking the little squabble before that same dagger impaled Thor too.

"Okay, listen," you call to attention. "Me and Loki will go to infirmary real quick, and you...go make some Pop Tarts or something, alright?" The blonde god raises his hands in surrender, the last words he said were:

"You should tell her, brother. Remember what happened to yourself."

Not wanting to further discuss the matter in the lounge room, you have Loki teleport the two of you to the infirmary. Upon getting there, however, Loki stays silent, though his jaw and fists are clenched.

"Loki," you call softly, touching his shoulder. "What is it?"

"That fools had no right to bring any of this up," he mutters under his breath.

"Bring up what?" you inquire. "That you're not of Asgardian blood?" A pang of sadness flows through you, noticing how the words alone completely change his demeanor. "Love, it doesn't matter to me."

"And how would you know?" he growls back. "You've never seen it. Me. What I truly am."

"So then why not show me?" you step closer to him. "Prove me wrong or the other way around, that's the only way to find out."

"No," he denies you, but you're not giving up just yet.

"Why are you hiding it from me? I've shown you who I really am."

"A mutant is nothing compared to my true heritage," he laughs bitterly. "The answer is still no."

"Loki, you can't just-"

"Yes, I can."

"Would you please stop cutting me off and just listen?" you huff.

"On the contrary," he grins. "I can do this all day, darling."

You couldn't help but feel upset at his stubborn attitude, mainly because it made you feel distrusted. You trusted him to tell you what you really were, something that made you hate yourself for years, but you did it anyway. Yet, he refused to do the same for you.