. . ⇢ ͙۪۪˚┊❛ 𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑡. ❜┊-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗜.ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ˚ ͙۪۪◌

"𝙍𝙚𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚?"┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。ˏˋ ꒰💫꒰ ࿐ ࿔*:・(Banquet - 1: "Refreshments, anyone?")

(Banquet - 1: "Refreshments, anyone?")

"Would one of you be so kind as to pass me a plate of Crème au Caramel?"

"Absolutely, here you go."

"Oh my, M/N, you look just as radiant as when I last saw you! How is Y/N's training with the spear going?"

"Ah, thank you. She has improved and is still working towards honing her skill entirely. She has even bested me in a duel."

"Such an achievement, a rightful heiress indeed!"

"This punch is delectable, if I do say so myself."

"What kind of lighting is this?-"

All conversation ceased when Clotted Cream Cookie and I both entered in the room. I gasped quietly at the setting. The off-white cream colored walls accented with a faint cornflower blue to which I have seen many times before, however the feast before me...I have to restrain myself. I wouldn't want to act a fool in front of company. But the fine spread, a selection of different dishes from both the Crème Republic and our very own DreamFlour Province...I'm consuming all the leftovers later.

"Apologies, we didn't mean to startle you all. Resume your conversations, we had some personal matters to attend." I calmly replied to the deafening silence. Everyone nodded and continued to chat away whilst Clotted Cream Cookie and I took our respective seats.

"I must say, the Revered Dreamflourian Heiress, you are a lot more magnificent in person. We haven't formally met before though, unfortunately. We've only seen each other at meetings."

"You flatter me, Consul Clotted Cream Cookie. It's a shame we hadn't gotten to know each other sooner!" I laughed playfully, folding my hands in my lap. This was going to be a longggg dinner...

——————————————————————

"You know, D/N and I actually meeeetttt at a party held in the Crème Republicc, hehe..." M/N slurred. How much have they all had to drink?

Everyone, except Clotted Cream Cookie and myself, leaned forward, all were obviously drunk.

"Remember when you spilleddd your sweetberry juice allllll over him?! Ahahaha....I miss the old codger...." One of our Committee members remarked. My mother, the Dreamflourian Committee, and the 9 Elders nodded in agreement. A melancholy sight to behold. Clotted Cream Cookie shuffled uncomfortable while I cringed, I shouldn't have brought up D/N and S/N earlier....

That sent a painful pang straight into my heart. I excused myself and noticed Clotted Cream Cookie giving me a worried glare. I sent him a reassuring smile as I quickened my pace, closing the door softly behind me.

I sped-walk towards the royal gardens. Time seems to have flown by (timekeeper dancing in the background rn) incredibly swiftly. The gardens, lush and covered in only the finest periwinkles, white lillies, and blue stars. The moon, perfectly shaped in its crescent phase shone down, moonlight reflecting off the shallow koi pond. The pond where I had to...drown my old self and become who I am currently. This further dampened my mood.

"Y/N Cookie? Are you out here?"

I stayed quiet, keeping my composure and blinking away the tears gathering in the corners of my eyes.

"Oh my....are you alright, Dreamflour Heiress?"

I jumped at the sudden presence by my side. A ribbon gently caressed my shoulder as Clotted Cream Cookie stood in front of me.

"Ah, yeah...I-I mean, yes, I am...uh...doing well. Thank you for taking consideratio-"
"You know we're technically friends right? Aren't we? Or..."

Aw. He looks embarrassed. I assume he hasn't got a lot of close companions though, which saddens me.

"Yes, of course. I consider you as a friend. You've been nothing but wonderful to me."

He softly smiled; not one of his confident smirks, but a tender grin replacing it. He backed away and regained his collectedness.

"Hm. I haven't many acquaintances. I'm glad you'll be one of my first. You're rather...enthralling. I'd love to get to know you better."

I blushed. He didn't mean that in a romantic way, of course, but it was tremendously delightful to hear such remarks from the Consul.

I scanned over his figure for a second. Only a few meters taller than me, a lean build, relaxed yet eloquent posture, his luscious locks of gold and off-white, the mysterious green hue of his eyes that seemed to be glowing due to the illumination of the moonlight. His curious stare flickered as he and I both realized I was gawking. I cleared my throat.

"I...I sincerely apologize for staring at you...that long...I've never really seen the Consul himself in all of his glory, ahaha..."

"Oh? So you were checking me out..." He smirked, narrowing his eyes at me. I brushed his comment off.

"Nonsense, honorable Consul. It was just as I had said before, it's one of my first times seeing you face to face."

One of his ribbons patted my head and retreated back to his side. He just chuckled, as did I.

"Soo....do you know how to dance? I'm in need of lessons, as I...um...embarrassingly haven't the slightest hint on how to."

"Ballroom dancing?"

"Indeed..."

"May I ask, why are you in need of learning ballroom dancing? If it isn't an intrusion on my end." I questioned. He smiled nervously. This bewildered me. Does he always act like this outside of a work environment?

"Well, the Elders want me to become familiar and educated on the basics of ballroom dancing, for the upcoming Annual Wintertide Dreamflourian Ball, since we're officially allies. Who better to take lessons from than the Dreamflour Heiress herself?"

"You know just how to get on everyone's good side, huh?"

He laughed dryly.

"That statement holds truth, however whatever side I'm on, will be the victorious one."

I was taken aback at his change in tone and attitude. It was like a dark shadow now covered his entire stature. He felt threatened, didn't he?

"Could I...well..." I gestured to his hand. His gaze went from dark to shell-shocked.

"I-Well, if you insist."

"Of course."

I grabbed both of his hands, holding them with my own. He closed his eyes first as I closed mine. And no, we aren't going to kiss, reader. This is a Dreamflourian tradition of exchanging memories. It needn't be romantic, rather a sign of trust and friendship.

He saw a memory of me playing with my sister on a local sea shore. I saw him...practicing his combat skills with an older man. He looked to only be 8 years old in this memory. Perhaps this man was held in high regard by the Consul.

We both let go of each other at the same time and opened our eyes slowly. And then just stared, trustful gazes focused on each other. Until finally, we burst out laughing like old friends reuniting after being apart for 10 years.

Needless to say...

I really like parties.

||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||