. . ⇢ ͙۪۪˚┊❛ 𝑊𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑧. ❜┊-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗩𝗜.ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ˚ ͙۪۪◌

"𝙈𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙀𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙮?"┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。ˏˋ ꒰💫꒰ ࿐ ࿔*:・(Waltz - 6: "Might I have the honor of swaying with you tonight, your Excellency?")

(Waltz - 6: "Might I have the honor of swaying with you tonight, your Excellency?")

🕐 || 𝟭:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. - 𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙃𝙖𝙞𝙧 𝘿𝙤𝙣𝙚.
I winced as another tangle was brushed out of my hair. Today was the day though. I had to look presentable.
I then felt my hair getting pulled again and I (embarrassingly) squeaked audibly, in pain.
"Apologies, my Lady. I don't intend for this to be a chore, however it would be irrational to leave all these tangles in your gorgeous locks."
"It is alright, I'll just deal with i-OW!" I yelped. The servant jumped at the sudden noise.
"Darling? Is everything alright?" Mother asked as she walked in. I nodded stiffly. Curse my overly sensitive head.
🕑 || 𝟮:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. - 𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢.
"Lady Y/N! Have you seen that swan decoration anywhere?!"
"Yup! I got it!" I yelled, grabbing a ribbon and swinging over to the decorator. I handed it to them. (This ribbon is specifically designed to have someone swing from it like Tarzan lol, it's hanging from the ceiling. They're located all over the Province and are commonly utilized to get around. Only thing is that they aren't actually ribbons and are made of a special material that isn't easily breakable unless burned. Idk I just think they'd be fun to swing across.)
"Lady Y/N! Should we put the left-over flowers here or on the spare tables?"
"On the spare tables, it'll make them seem less bland!" I called back, running over to the balcony and grabbing a quick drink of juice. I huffed, seeing that it was 2:55 P.M. already. The ballroom looked quite nice, so I took my leave.
🕒 || 𝟯:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. - 𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙮 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛.
I twirled, elegantly guiding myself across the stone ground. I made sure I stepped over every little crack that could cause me to slip. I also didn't want to ruin my hair because it had just gotten done prior to this a few hours ago.
"Oh for the love of- this is boring. I'm fine as is, I guess I'm just nervous. Perfection is stupid anyways, I mean nobody ever will be perfect if everyone's definition of perfect is different!"
I stopped myself.
"Wow, my major should be psychology. I have such deep thoughts. Why is it goose = geese and not moose = meese too? We say we take the bus but the bus is actually taking us to our destination. Partly cloudy and partly sunny are the same thing, right?"
Okay I should really go get dressed-
🕓 || 𝟰:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. - 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗗𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱.
I adjusted my (headpiece choice) headpiece. For this ball, I decided to sport a (outfit choice) specifically tailored for me. The extravagant and most-intricate detailing had initially shocked me, but Mont Blanc Cookie always does the most excellent work. I should visit her again, she's very inspirational and amazing at her craft.
🕔 || 𝟱:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. -𝙑𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙈𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧.
Taking in the fresh air and the peaceful surroundings of the fountain, Mother and I stood before it, holding hands. We quietly stared at the engraving on the fountain, a melancholy reminder of how my beloved sister and father won't...be here this ball. But that is fine. I talk with them daily.
...At least I think I do.
🕕 || 𝟲:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. -𝙏𝙚𝙖 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙢 𝙢𝙮 𝙉𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙨.
"Y/N, why are you so anxious? We do the same thing each year." Mother chuckled softly, rubbing circles into my back in order to calm me down. I sipped my chamomile tea, as it's known to give a soothing effect.
"I don't know, Mother, ahaha..."
Her eyes still bore into me, causing me to give up the act.
"Okay, okay, the Consul might be attending the Ball and...I have a crush on him. That's a valid reason to feel nervous, right? I don't look unnerved, right?"
"Dear, you can be one of the most serious people I know, and you look relaxed right now. Not a hint of unease present. Also, I always sort of knew of your feelings for the Consul. If he breaks your heart though, I'll stomp on his foot."
Mom menacingly showed off her heel, which went well with the exquisitely-made pantsuit adorning her.
"No need for violence, mom."
"Honey there ALWAYS will be a need for violence if it comes down to it."
"Mother, NO-"
🕖 || 𝟳:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. -𝙑𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧. 𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘.
It's tradition for me to come up to the Belltower. I don't mind it. A sanctuary it surely is for me, whenever I need to cool off or just be alone with my thoughts. It's an eerily quiet place but still is made sure to be kept in great condition. I ran my hand along the engraving carved on the statue of Yumehana, the original Dreamflour Ancestor. The founder of the bustling Province.
"Benevolence and malevolence are both possessed by thy own self. However, to be benevolent, someone must either be generous or return kind gestures to oneself in order for that generosity to be returned. I myself will only harbor feelings of resentment towards the un-purest of hearts, the most corrupted of the crop, and the most insidious of the crumbs. Return my compassion with ruthlessness and evil, and I'll pay it back to you in full. For eternity. All impurities must perish just as all filth must be cleansed. Every last one of the wicked will die by my hand so long as I live."
A wordsmith my great, great, great...x50 or whatever grandmother was. Sure she was described as strict, but I presume she had to be, hm?
🕗 || 𝟴:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠. - 𝙈𝙮 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙀𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚.
"And now, after one long year of waiting..."
I took a deep breath and got ready.
"I present to all of you...Lady Y/N!"
The guests all clapped and cheered as the curtains opened, allowing me to walk out. (slay Y/N y'all look so beautiful 😍) I stood before a podium placed in view of the audience, located on the main balcony.
"Good evening, everyone. It is a privilege to be standing before such a noble and honorable audience of different cookies. I am glad to announce that our annual Ball, albeit a bit postponed, has survived the hardships over the past year. Let our night of dancing, happiness, and laughter be a fond memory for us all! To the fruition of the prosperity of all our respective kingdoms, to be united as a whole alliance against the corrupted forces!"
Everyone cheered, clapped, whistled, and roared as I bowed respectfully, grasping the ribbon in front of me and swinging down. It looks effortless but I think I pulled something-
Nevertheless, the party had begun.
.....
No this is not the end by the way.
I scanned the crowd, scouting out a few familiar faces. Hollyberry Cookie, getting her hands on every ounce of juice we had. She was fun, drunk or not, and I'm honored to have gotten to know her personally. Jungleberry Cookie and Princess Cookie were also by her side. Four other ancient cookies, Dark Cacao Cookie, Pure Vanilla Cookie, White Lily Cookie, and Golden Cheese Cookie, I believe, couldn't attend the Ball. I've sent my best regards and supplies to the Dark Cacao Kingdom. I wish to visit the Vanilla Kingdom as well. Pure Vanilla Cookie seems quite knowledgeable and generous. However, what happened to the White Lily and Golden Cheese Kingdoms are unknown to most cookies, including myself. I wish them all the best.
I've never gotten to meet those 4 other ancients personally, but I hold them in high regard for what they've done for all of Earthbread.
Gingerbrave and the gang, I made SURE to invite them. They've done so much for all of us. Going against the sinister Dark Enchantress Cookie? Such a feat. I don't really have a lot of close friends, which isn't very bothersome, but I'm happy that we're considered friends.
Financier Cookie and Wagashi Cookie! They were both talking, very cool to see them getting along. I also saw Oyster Cookie, she came up and said hello. Don't tell the rest of the Elders, but she's my favorite besides Sablé Cookie, who also came up to me. We've played together before, me on the violin and her on the piano. Mint Choco Cookie has also visited us before. I hope him and Cocoa Cookie are doing well.
And then there was him. Clotted Cream Cookie. Among all the people who talked to me tonight, I got the most apprehensive when he approached.
"Ah, Lady Y/N Cookie. Such a delight to see you this evening...you look stunning, as per usual." He cooed, leaning down on one knee and pressing a kiss to my hand. I blushed as I realized everyone around us was now staring. I swallowed my nervousness quickly.
"Thank you, Consul Clotted Cream Cookie. You look quite handsome tonight, if I do say so myself."
He got up and held his hand out to me.
"Why thank you, dear. Shall we dance?"
I looked around eagerly for my mother, who was on the balcony, giving me a thumbs up. The jealous stares of various fanboys and fangirls (both Clotted Cream Cookie's and my own) were on us as I nodded, grasping his hand. I didn't care if they were envious. Why hate someone who hasn't done anything wrong to you personally? He led me onto the center of the dance floor and twirled me.
You know how people say when you're dancing with someone, it feels like you guys are the only people in the room? Yeah no that didn't happen. But the person you're dancing with is the only person in the room you can focus on. And that indeed is a very special feeling. He stared down at me, spinning and guiding me like there was no tomorrow. Pardon my cringiness, but it was magical.
And I let him. I taught him well if I do say so myself!
He leaned into my ear and whispered as everyone else began dancing with each other. Gabriel Fauré's Pavane, Op. 50 accompanied the moonlight shining into the room in the background.
"You know, when we first met, I kind of thought you were snobby. Maybe annoying. But pretty cute."
I rolled my eyes at that. He was being entirely satirical.
"I'm joking, that was sarcastic except the cute part. But then at our meeting, when you took back your pocket watch...you were so considerate upon doing so. You touched my hand and that has stuck with me for the past year."
He finally dipped me and just stared.
"So I guess what I'm trying to admit to you...is that I don't want to be friends with you anymore."
Yeah right, at this point we'd be attached by the hip. I knew what was coming and raised an eyebrow with a cocky grin. His face turned red and he glanced away for a second. He then brought me back up and held me close to him.
"I want to be more than that. If you'd allow me, could I...um..."
"You've definitely never had a girlfriend. Glad to be the first, I guess I passed the audition with flying colors. Go ahead." I smiled.
He immediately closed the gap and locked lips with me. My eyes automatically fluttered closed. The kiss was sweet, a remarkable moment. It contained both of our feelings over the last (about) year finally being let loose. And then, that was when it felt like nobody else was in the room with us.
Because I had my eyes closed and was kissing only one person. Okay I'm kidding, kidding.
We broke away as my mother screamed at the top of her lungs.
"MY DAUGHTER KISSED THE CONSUL! THE NEW DREAMFLOURIAN COUPLE OF THE YEARRR!"
That's when I quickly chuckled, grabbed Clotted Cream Cookie, and bolted out of there. We made it into an empty corridor and I leaned against the wall, slowly sitting down.
"You...really meant all of that?" I asked as he took a seat next to me. He cupped my face and nodded.
"Of course I did, Y/N. I know I'm not the most...experienced, with love and relationships, but I promise you that I'll be the best boyfriend you've ever had. Potentially your new husband." He sighed as he leaned in, pecking my forehead lightly. New HUSBAND?!-
"Slow down buddy, put a ring on my finger first. But that is very reassuring. I love you, silly." I chuckled, hugging him from the side. He smirked.
"Maybe I will put a ring on it. Know any good jewelers around?"
"Oh hahaha. I'm just that irresistible, hm?"
"Yeah, you are. Because if the Consul himself is falling for you, then you obviously have something extraordinary. For you, that's everything."
"Such a gentleman. I swear I'll be the best first girlfriend you've ever had, or twice your love back."
We held hands and just sat there, talking. Not just peppering each others' faces with kisses or making out, but chatting away and making funny jokes. Once we were ready to head back to the party, boy would that be a hassle, everyone would probably crowd us and wonder where we ran off to.
Before I got the chance to walk back in, Clotted Cream Cookie's Ribbons grabbing me and hoisted me up.
"Now wait a minute, Y/N. One last thing."
I turned and looked at him as he brought me closer to his face.
"Can I have a kiss?"
"Oh, I don't know...ask for it nicer."
"Please, dear...could I have a kiss? Pretty pleaseeee~?"
"No."
"Aw-"
I pecked him on the lips, breaking away and leaving him in a daze. He dropped me and I got up, laughing.
"Your face is so red! Awhh, is our little Consul flustered by any chance?" I cooed, snickering and pinching his cheeks.
"N-No! Of course not!"
"Are too!"
"AM NOT!"
My laughing ceased as I linked arms with him, sparing a few seconds for him to calm down.
"Alright Mr. Hotshot. Let's go."
He hummed in response, nudging me playfully.
||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||