twelve.

I love you all so very much.

*
*
*

It took us awhile, with every breath a new day.
With love on the line, we've had our share of mistake
But all your flaws and scars are mine
Still falling for you

Song: Still Falling for You by Ellie Goulding

Three hours later, I was walking into the banquet room of the Biltmore hotel where the law firm Christmas gala was being held. Trailing slightly behind my father and Genivieve, I took a look around the room. It was extravagant to say the least. Massive wood beams lined the tall ceilings, lights draped beautifully from them. Round banquet tables filled the space and a large bar lined the entire left side. The large wood-paneled pillars and dark carpet were very fitting for a party thrown by a bunch of lawyers. The look reminded me slightly of the extravagant golf course clubhouse where I first met Harry.

Walking past a large window, I caught my reflection in the glass

Walking past a large window, I caught my reflection in the glass. I knew I looked a lot better than I felt. When I realized I had no idea what I was going to say to Harry when I called him later that evening, I threw myself into getting ready to distract my mind, going the extra mile with my hair and makeup. My hair was pulled back into an expertly done French twist, a few wispy strands framing my face. I went for a classic glamour look with my makeup, showcasing my eyes with smoky shadow, winged eyeliner and a heavy coat of mascara. A mauve matte lipstick completed my makeup look. I was honestly pretty proud with how it turned out.

But my dress was the real show-stopper. It was cherry red with a classic silhouette, fitted down my body with an empire waist, a plunging neckline and tiny bow detail, showcasing my chest in the best possible way. The designer gown had cost a small fortune but Genivieve was adamant about purchasing it when we went shopping together, saying it was made for me and that my father wouldn't mind the price if it made me happy.

And it actually did make me pretty happy knowing that I looked beautiful tonight, especially after the afternoon that I had

As I was surveying the room, a waiter came up to me, carrying glasses of champagne on a tray. Taking one, I said thank you before finding my father, who was already seated at a nearby table, mingling with some of his coworkers.