Back on the clock

"Haaa" I sigh as i pull on my shoes in preparation for work today after being shot yesterday...

   After I look my self over in the mirror I head out and climb into my 2020 Dodge Challenger SRT

and speed off to work and before long I'm pulling into my parking spot in the police issued garage and after parking I hop out and head inside the conference room only to find all of the officers including the rookies clapping for me as I just smi...

...and speed off to work and before long I'm pulling into my parking spot in the police issued garage and after parking I hop out and head inside the conference room only to find all of the officers including the rookies clapping for me as I just smile and thank them before taking my seat in between Lopez and Bishop.

   "Hey you okay?" Lopez leaned over and asked me while staring at me worriedly.

    "Yeah I'm good!" I say before we are all dismissed and as I'm at my locker changing into my uniform I see my boot Lucy walking towards me.

   "You got all of the equipment boot?" I asked Chen.

   "Yes and I also double checked to make sure" Lucy said to which I nodded at her as I checked my gun before putting it in its holster as I grab my duffel and head out to the car where I see Lopez and her boot packing everything in.

   "Hey Lopez?" I yell to which she turns and smiles at me before walking over.

   "What's up?" Lopez asked.

"You mind if me and the boot join patrol with you today" I asked.

   "Yeah that's no problem, just follow us!" Lopez said.

   "You got it!" I say as Chen and I hop in and follow Lopez out and into patrol.

   "Alright boot since I'm still injured we will be helping Lopez on her patrol route today" I say as Chen looks at me.

   "Alright that's fine!" Chen says as I nod at her.

   "Actually can I ask you something?" Lucy said as I nodded at her.

   "Where is your family?" Chen asked as intended at the mention of them.

    "I-I don't have any family anymore!" I say as Chen looks at me shocked before looking at me with pity.

   "Ooo don't start giving me the pity looks okay I'm fine and I don't need it!" I say as I focus back forward before suddenly Lopez's voice comes through the radio.

   "Hey Jason we got a report of a noise complaint so let's go take care of this and then get some breakfast because I'm starved." Lopez say as I chuckle before picking up the radio.

"You got it hungry...hey Lopez how about a little wager?" I say smirking as Chen giggles.

   "Ooo and what are we betting?" Lopez asked.

   "Who ever gets to the location, their boot has to buy breakfast!" I say as Chen glared at me as I laughed before Lopez came on the radio laughing as well.

   "Hahaha, alright your on!" Lopez says as I smirk before quickly dashing off with Lopez close behind.

   "Boot quickly type in the location!" I say as I quickly turn right still in the lead with Lopez inching closer and closer.

   "Alright here it is!" Chen says as I look over at the computer and quickly memorize the route as I out-maneuver the traffic that's on the streets before I stop the car and quickly run up the steps and knock on the door just as Lopez pulls in behind my squad car.

After a little bit the door is opened and an old lady comes into view.

  "Hello ma'am I'm sergeant Hayes with Los Angelas Police Department and I'm here about the noise complaint." I say as the old lady smiles up at me.

"Oh my you sure are a handsome young man aren't you, well I'm sorry yo waste your time but the noise has been taken care of but thank you for coming!" The woman says as I smile nod before I give her my card.

"Please if ever having anymore issues feel free to call that number and have a nice day ma'am." I say as she closes the door and I walk back towards Lopez's car smirking in victory while she just glared at me.

"Hey Lopez I just wanted to come over and tell your boot that we will be going to IHOP and that I love a big breakfast as well!" I say smirking as west just pouts as I laugh while walking back to my car with some pep in my step.

"Alright Chen, let's go eat!" I say as we fist bump before we all four head to ihop and order our food.

"So how long have you and Lopez known each other?" West asked as Lopez and I smirked at each other.

"Well technically we've known each other since we were kids but we didn't start getting along until we got to the academy" I say as Lopez and I fist bump.

   "What do you mean, why didn't you get along?" Lucy asked as I smirked while Lopez just put her head down in embarrassment.

   "Well Lucy it's because Lopez here really had the hots for your partner here!" I say as Lopez lightly punches me in the arm as I laugh while our boots just look at us amused.

   "What. It's true ain't it?" I asked as she glared.

   "Yeah doesn't mean you have to be a duck about it" Lopez said as I faked being shocked placing a hand over my heart.

'Gasp' "you wound me Lopez you really do!" I say as we all start laughing before our food finally arrives  making all conversations become void as we all dig into our food and before long we are back on the road for patrol.

   "Alright Chen what's the rule?" I asked as Chen looked over at me.

   "Stay alert and focused at all times!" Chen said as I nodded.

   "That's right and just because nothing is happening on the streets today don't think that it will always be like this Got it?" I ask.

   "I got it" Chen says as I nod before we continue patrol well into the night until shift ends and Lopez, Bishop, Bradford, and I all headout to the bar where we are currently enjoying beers while laughing together.

  "So Jason, how's being a T.O.?" Tim asked as I smiled.

  "It's different from what I'm used too, and challenging...very challenging" I say as we all laugh and continue to enjoy our night with us all ending up crashing at Lopez's house.

very challenging" I say as we all laugh and continue to enjoy our night with us all ending up crashing at Lopez's house

   Sorry for the short chapter, but I still hope you enjoyed it...make sure to comment and vote below✌🏾