003

LIGHTENING PRECEDING THE CLASH OF THUNDER FROM OUTSIDE BENNY'S WINDOW SPRUNG HER AWAKE FROM HER ALMOST PLEASANT SLUMBER

LIGHTENING PRECEDING THE CLASH OF THUNDER FROM OUTSIDE BENNY'S WINDOW SPRUNG HER AWAKE FROM HER ALMOST PLEASANT SLUMBER. The color-coded cards soared across the room in different directions creating more of a mess among the sporadic clutter throughout the room. She looked around, noticing her lamp still illuminating the light on her nightstand, and she was still in her outfit from the day before; dirty jeans and a stains white t-shirt she had under her sweater.

Cold sweat glazed her body, and she felt beads of the liquid slide down her forehead over the little fly always sticking to the skin. Her mind raced to the episode she had just hours prior in the school bathroom with the dark figure playing like a supercut in her mind. The day she had was too overstimulated, and so many things at once caused her already fatal sleeping schedule to be broken entirely.

She groaned, knowing she couldn't memorize the words on the cards because of the lingering thought in the air. Will Byers is still missing, and there wasn't much she could do. Her mother had made it very clear to the two sisters that her brother admitted to them not being allowed to look for him.

After her tut on tut with Principal Sinclair and Jim Hopper, she wasn't really in the mood to talk. She acted like a complete ass to Jackson and only said two words to Candy when she took Beverly and her home. There were only so many brick houses she could count in her head during the car ride to her home, and she swore her finger would fall off after twisting the cool metal around her right middle finger.

She wanted to comfort her sister, who seemed to be bummed out their uncle wouldn't allow her (and the nerd heard to search for their friend), but they both seemed distraught in very different ways. Candy even complimented them on their unknowing ability to balance out each other's energy earning a glare from Benny in the front seat.

"What is up with you," she asked, glancing at Benny with an outlandishly peeved expression on her face. "I didn't know that interviewing Harrington has you this prissy."

"Will Byers is missing," Beverly advised her.

Candy gripped the steering wheel tighter, letting out a shaky laugh, glancing back at the younger Sterling in the mirror, "Wait are you shitting me. Benny is that why you are acting like this. That explains why Jonathan wasn't in English to help me with the response question. Is this why Hopper visited you?"

"Yeah," was the only thing she said to her that entire car ride. Meanwhile, Beverly was answering every question Candy could think of. Benny was there for the ride, not even trying to talk to the people riding with her. Knowing Joyce's current predicament scared her, and she still felt a type of guilt building up in her stomach.

Candy didn't approve of the sudden silent treatment from Benny, thinking it was about the interaction she had with the teacher earlier and making up some random excuse about her father needing her to come home. A part of Benny felt terrible, but another part of her was still in between her imagination and reality.