My guardian angel~❤️

"Please no... please leave me....I don't want to die...I want to live my life.... please" ~ a girl of 17 quavered in fright...
"No we can't leave you ! You have to step on the cremated fire." a woman replied.
"But why?" she sobbed
"Because it's the ritual ! Your husband is no more. And so you need to die or else it will be regarded as bad omen for the village !"
"But what is my fault in all these? You tell me, don't I have any rights to live my life peacefully?" she ranted breaking down.
"Do not argue with me girl, and as your husband is no more, you lost all your so-called 'rights' "
"Then tell me, why did these villagers and the village head forced my father to get his daughter married to a man more than 40 years older than her? You all ruined my life" she finally broke down.

The woman gestured some people to take her to the fire. The girl was completely shattered. Firstly, at a mercy age of 14, when she would play with her friends and conduct weddings of their dolls, she was wedded to a psycho, her whole childhood and teenage were all in the hands of her husband. And now even after his death, she was tormented. She was hanged to death, not physically, but mentally and emotionally. Nobody listened to her. Her cries and wails now went unnoticed. She was dragged in front the fire and further until two strong musculine arms held her. He protected her from them. Of course they restricted and kept a condition that if he wanted to save her life, he have to marry her and he agreed. Yes she was saved by the cruel system of society but somehow it all affected her mind and soul. She was now broken internally.

The man took her home and let her rest and made a phone call.
"hello pandit ji"
"hello...ji pramod beta, kahiye kya kaam hai?"
"ji... shaadi krni hai"
"jii zarur karwaenge....waise kiski karwani hai?"
"mujhe karni hai !"
"arrey ye to badi achhi baat hai...kal ka mohrat boht shubh hai...aapatti na ho to main saare prabandh kr deta hu...aap bas aa jaiye"
"Jii "

Pramod's pov
I was on an expedition to a village called 'Saharanpur' for some work. As I am a journalist by profession, these voyages are common for me.
But one thing that was not common was that merciless act. A young girl was being dragged to death. Yes I had heard of sati still prominent in India but in saharanpur? A village so connected to the main city? However I ought to save the poor girl from this treatment, so I went there and saved her. I took her to my home and let her rest and then I did the needful ! I never thought I'd marry, I never wanted to marry, but when I saw this girl, her bright eyes, I promised to save her life and for that I needed to marry her ! I got to know that her name was 'Susheela'. Susheela Ruhail....pretty nice name, I thought.

The next day, I went to her room and saw her still sleeping like a child. There were tear marks on her face. I don't know why, but my heart ached seeing her like this. I didn't want to disturb her so I turned back to go. But bloody heck ! My left leg banged with the door and she woke up. She saw me and panicked. I can understand her situation right now so I went to her.

Pov ends

P : Heyy, don't be afraid ! Main kuch ni krungi, I promise, please meri baat suno.
S : Kon ho tum...aur main kahan hu??? Ye to mera ghar nahi hai.. Kahan hu mainnn ?!

She stood up and tried to walk but because of weakness she fell on bed.
P : Dekho...tum abhi bohot weak ho. You need rest. Tum ruko main tumhare liye pani lekar aata hu.
(He went to fetch her some water)
Meanwhile, she was getting more and more restless. She wanted to believe him but her brain denied. She hid under the bed thinking that he would never find her but her dupatta was visible.

When Pramod came back, he saw her there but acted as if he didn't.
P : Arrey kaha chali gayi tum ? Tch Tch abb ye tasty tasty sa khana kon khaega ! Chalo main hi khaa leta huu....hehe achha hai wo chali gyi.

She came outside and saw a plate of biryani.

S(hesitant voice) : Kya mujhe thoda sa mil sakta hai? Please, maine kal subah se kuch bhi ni khaya hai.
P(smiled) : Of cource, ye main tumhare liye hi to laya hu...ye lo khaa lo...

She was starving so she ate it full. He was just staring her. After finishing, she slid her plate and looked at him.
S : Mm...thank you !!
P : Huh? Kiske liye, khane ke liye?
S : Haan aur mujhe bachane ke liye bhi (she looked down, tears rolling down her cheeks)
P : Heyyy, dekho ro mat...abb tum safe ho !
S : Aapki wajah se...agr aap time par ni aate to main aag me jhulas kar marr jaa..he kept his hand on her mouth.
P : Shh...jo nahi hua uske baare me kyu sochna...tum mujhe ye batao ki tumne unhe kuch kaha kyu ni??
S : Kaha tha...chillaya bhi...par kisine ni suni meri baat...I was considered inauspicious for the village.
P : Tum to kitni chhoti ho...kab shaadi hui thi tumhari?
S : 3 saal pehle...jab main 14 saal ki thi....

Flashback
A 13 and a half year old girl was playing with her friends on the garden of her home. She hailed from a lower middle class family but her only family member, her father made no excuse for her education. She was studying in a good school of the village. When she was playing, she saw some people bashing into her house with weapon sticks. She went to see what had happened but it was too late. Her father was lying on the floor unconscious, blood flowing from his head. He was no more. She shouted and whimpered. Those people took her away and got her married with a 59 year old man.

Flashback ends

P : What? Wo log aise kaise kr skte hain?
S : Un logo ki mere papa se nahi banti thi...unhe nahi pasand tha ki gaao ki ladki ko padhne bheja jaae...unhone mere papa ko bohot baar dhamkaya par mere papa ni maane...wo chahte the ki main padh likh kr ek badi officer banu. (Tears again started flowing from her eyes)
P : Tumhe padhna hai?
She looked at him with amused eyes.
P : Main padhaunga tumhe....
S : Par gaao wale...
P : Uska intezaam maine kr liya hai, chalo mere saath..
S : Kaha?
P : Main tumse shaadi kar raha hu.
S : Kyaa ?!! Arey par ye ni ho skta...main ek vidhwa hu..
P : To kya ek vidhwa ko apni zindagi jeene ka koi hak nahi? Tumhari umar hi kitni hai ? Main tumhari zindagi aise kharab hone nahi de skta...To batao Miss Susheela Ruhail se Mrs. Susheela Ruhail Chautala banogi ?

She nodded and they both went to the temple. They took their vows, did saat pheras, and he applied her the sindoor. They were married ❤️

He used to help her with her studies, he never let her feel alone. Gradually she started developing feelings for him.

7 years later

Someone : So the new entrepreneur is here guys, She not only brought a change to this whole society by introducing her social ideologies but also helped crores of women by giving them funds for their flourishing businesses. For making them self stable. Yes she is none other than 'Miss Susheela Ruhail '

He called her on stage.

S : Hello everyone, I'm Susheela Ruhail Chautala. Firstly thank you for appreciating my work. And I want to say that Women need to know that they are not machines which will work 24/7 without any break. She's a human. She too has a right to live her life on her own terms. So stand for yourself. And secondly I want to thank someone special. Mr. Pramod Chautala, my husband. Please come on stage. People say, that behind every successful man, there's a woman but in my case, it's completely opposite. My husband, my better half, my guardian angel, he supported me in every single way he could, so I just want to thank him today. Thank you Pramod, thank you so much for making me today what I am. I love you so much🥺❤️

This whole time, Pramod had tears in his
eyes, he hugged her and said I love you too🥺❤️

Happily ever after❤️

Presenting to you my 2nd os story❤️
Please vote and comment ❤️