Chapter 2

*Taylor's POV*

Staring at the ceiling, I sighed, realizing that I couldn't get back to sleep now. Glancing at the clock, it flashed 1:59 am. Pushing back the covers, I got out of bed and made my way through the corridor then down the stairs.

As I entered the kitchen, switching on the light, Meredith appeared behind my feet, meowing softly. Bending down to softly scratch her head, I chuckled when Olivia soon appeared behind her, obviously jealous for some attention. Picking them both up I placed them on the small sofa in the kitchen, then walked to the sink to get a drink. Turning round I quickly headed up the stairs, as my feet were getting cold.

Placing my drink on the nightstand, I climbed into bed. My ears caught the sound of a car in the distance, and soon it was driving past my house. Its headlights pass my window pane, and I immediately think of him. I know he still lives right around the corner, and I sometimes think about him slowing down and just looking at my house. I wonder if he ever thinks about walking up to the door and just knocking. I wish he would. I wish I had enough courage to call him up. I remember the last phone call we had, and how it ended. Every single day, I think about where we would be if I just hadn't hung up the phone. I regretted it so much, and I just wish that he knew that I missed him so bad.