Chapter 3

6 months earlier
Taylor's POV:

I sigh, putting my phone down.
'Yet another article about our fake relationship.' I called across the room to Harry, who was entering from the kitchen.
'You have just got to ignore them, Tay' he replies, walking over and hands me a cup of tea.
'I know Harry, but there does get a point where it become difficult. This has been going on for ages now.' I said, getting upset, as he tells me this every time.
'Well, what do you want me to do about it?', he asks.
'I don't know, be a little more supportive?' I said, standing up. 'Everybody is taking the shit out of me, and you're not exactly helping the situation.'
'What could I possibly do, I can't force people to be happy about the situation. As long as we are happy in the relationship!' Harry said, getting equally as angry.

----------------------------------------------
'Go on, leave, run away like you always do' I shout after him, as he storms out of the door. He looks back angrily, as I bite my lip, knowing I overstepped the mark. I watched as he walked down the path, tears falling fast down my cheeks. He walked out into the dark night and didn't look back.
Closing the door, I slid down until I was sitting against it, feeling a heaviness in my heart. Harry and I had never fought this bad, and he had never stormed out before coming back a few minutes later. It had been over half and hour now, and he showed no signs of returning.

After a few hours, during which time both Meredith and Olivia had curled up with me, I reached for my phone. I wanted to talk to him, even though I felt that he hated me.
I sat, leaning against the door Harry had walked out of three hours previously. I didn't know what to say, but Harry had now picked up, I could hear him breathing. We were both sitting silently, on different ends of the phone.
'Harry -', I started, but realised I didn't know how to end the sentence.
'Taylor,' this was enough to start the tears I had been desperately trying to hold in. Harry had not called me Taylor for months, and to me it was a clear enough sign. 'I'm sorry, Taylor, that we couldn't make this work. I really thought that we could get through this.'

Now I was properly sobbing, desperately wanting to stop what he was saying, but not knowing how to say it.
I could hear his breathing, and knew he was crying as well.
'I'm sorry, Harry,' I said as I hung up. 'I love you.' But obviously no one responded, except Meredith meowing.