You may also enjoy

By Any Other Name

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - William Shakespeare

Rose Byrne is an aspiring author, the daughter of a printer, and all she wants is to see her name in print. Too bad she lives in the eighteenth century, where women writers are scorned as equal to prostitutes, her father is a drunk, and she has no prospects other than marrying the local butcher (he's also a dentist and a surgeon!). When she has a run-in with the Duke, Landon Havisham, she seizes the chance to tell him about her finished manuscript and he agrees to become her patron. Well, not exactly.

It's more that he agrees to become the patron of her brother, who doesn't exist, and whose name is on the manuscript that she writes. But the more Rose communicates with Landon, the more she wonders if she should tell him who she really is... and if he'll be able to accept her under her own name.

Steeped in Blood

ELIZABETH LEE: Born in Hong Kong as the only daughter of an extremely wealthy man and his concubine, Elizabeth is disposable

ELIZABETH LEE: Born in Hong Kong as the only daughter of an extremely wealthy man and his concubine, Elizabeth is disposable. A pawn to be bought, sold, and traded - specifically, for the drug, opium, the business in which her father has made a fortune. Now, to cement their ties to power, she must marry...

WILLIAM FAIRFAX: Always in search of adventure, his next great escapade will be to marry and move to Britain's newest colony: Hong Kong, where his father will become governor. The fourth son to an elite British family, he has just been bartered away - for a lifetime's supply of a ridiculously expensive luxury good, tea.

But more than tea begins to brew as they try to uncover the shady business deals between both of their families and possibly find love...