Part 7

I Hear a Symphony- Cody Fry

Also I just realized I've been spelling Keigo's name wrong the whole time! I've fixed it in this chapter and will be doing the same for the others.

Also y'all need to go take care of yourselves!! Drink water and enjoy some sunshine! Love ya!

Everyday was always the same. After Keigo would take you out on a date and he'd walk you to your door or dropped you off at work. He'd always grab your hand before you got out.

I love you. Just say it damn it! "Have a good night baby bird." He said as you got out of the car not before kissing his hand or cheek. On the way home he'd curse himself out for being such a literal chicken.

Two months had passed of him doing this and your heart, bit by bit was breaking. Why hasn't he told you he loved you yet? Even better. Why haven't you told him you loved him?

'You don't deserve him'

Oh yeah. That's why. The voices in your head kept telling you horrible things preventing you from saying it.

"Come on dude. Just tell her." Rumi said crossing her arms over her chest glaring at her friend.

"It's not that easy. When I'm around her I get all giddy and nervous. When I go to tell her I get all distracted and lose my confidence." Keigo sighs sitting on his couch, he runs a hand through his hair.

Rumi rolls her eyes. "Then set up something really romantic then I don't know. Spring is right around the corner dude, you're gonna have to tell her you love her before you endlessly fuck her brains out." She says smiling.

"Shit! Spring rut." He says covering his face leaning his head back on the couch.

"Yep. The only time you're ever out of commission for at least a few weeks. And now that you've found your mate. Dude you're gonna be out for at least the whole season if you don't get it all out." She says chuckling as she goes to walk out the door.

"Help me with it? Confessing to her." He says looking at the ceiling hoping she'd say yes.

"Dude I was barley able to get my proposal out to my girl. But I know a place that took her breath away and gave me confidence." She says writing down the address and Keigo's heart nearly stopped. What Rumi had just written down was a few stops away from your sanctuary.

"Take her there or find your own place. It's the thought that counts Hawks." She says fully walking out the door closing it behind her.

It was a really busy day at the sanctuary as you and your staff gathered up all the birds that wouldn't or couldn't participate in spring rut.

"Emily did you grab-" You start to ask and she stops you showing little one in her arms.

"Great. Okay team let's move these birds to the other aviary!" You all start to make your way over to the second aviary and your eyes catch the pride of lions that mysteriously showed up at the sanctuary a few months ago.

The main lioness looks at you purring. You smile and nod to her as you keep walking. You reach the other aviary tending to the birds when Emily shouts.

"There you are bird brain!! We could've used your help with the birds!" She screams at him making him chuckle. "Sorry Em I had Hero work to cover before I made my way here." He says looking at you.

"He's right Emily. I made it very clear that him and Rumi's work as Hero's came first." You say dusting your hands off on your shorts.

She rolls her eyes walking off but whispers for Kegio to her loud and clear. "You don't tell her you love her today I'm killing you and making her fried chicken for dinner." She growls making him gulp.