Chapter 4: Naps

Owen's POV

Kai, Morgan, and I were on our way back to the  dormitory after going out for lunch. Liam had decided to stay home, something about ,"You all are going to make me pudgy if you keep feeding me so much!"

Who could blame us though? It was fun to watch him enjoy food, his tail twitching happily and little purrs coming from his throat when he really enjoyed something. I could tell Morgan thought he was pretty cute too.

In the few weeks we had known him I could tell we had both started to develop feelings for him. Normally this would be too early to tell but given we had been living with each other in such close proximity it sounded likely.

I could tell Kai had some interest in Liam as well, spending more time in our dorm than his own. Most of the time he slept on the floor but I had woken up a few times in the middle of the night to find Kai wrapped around Liam in his bed.

We had come to find that Liam was kind of an attention whore. Much like his house cat shift, Liam often pretended he was uninterested in our pets but would eventually melt into our palms like butter with soft little purrs.

As we made our way down the hall to our room I wondered what Liam got up to while we were away or if he was even in the dorm.

Kai opened the door quietly, probably trying not to startle Liam like Morgan and I had done our first time meeting him.

"Oh my god guys look!" Kai said in a strained whisper.

Laying over on Morgan and I's pillows asleep  was a fluffy little cat who was, unmistakably, Liam.

We all shuffled in the room quietly as to not wake Liam. Morgan quietly slunk over to our bed, tail wagging excitedly behind him before he carefully scooped Liam into his arms and cradled him against his chest.

Liam didn't look too disappointed at this and in fact let out a sleepy purr before nuzzling closer into Morgan's chest.

Morgan's tail started to wag vigorously as he started to stroke Liam's fur and scratch behind his ears.

"We've never seen his shift before he's so cute!" Morgan said ,"And he's so soft! Liam you might have to stay like this."

Liam looked boneless in Morgan's arms, thoroughly enjoying his petting. Kai began to pet Liam too, stroking under his chin.

"You are awe fully cute," he said, "I might just stuff you in my pocket and keep you there forever!" Liam didn't look too disturbed at this, probably enjoying the idea of  being so close to Kai.

"We should all watch a movie," I said as I carefully took Liam from Morgan's arms. He was awfully soft, his paws making biscuits on my hoodie.

"Careful Owen," Morgan said, looking smug," if your tail keeps wagging people might think you actually have emotions." I scoff as I put Liam back down on our bed. Said cat just gets right back up before taking a leap at me and scaling my hoodie to perch around my shoulders like a extra fluffy boa.

"Hello kitty cat," I say lifting my hand up to pet him again, getting a happy chirp in response.

"We should all shift and let our animals get to know each other!" Kai says excitedly.

Morgan nods his head enthusiastically, "Hell yeah I haven't had a chance to shift since we got here!" Morgan runs into the bathroom to shuck off his clothes and shift into his coyote.

"What do you think Liam?" I ask the living scarf around my neck. I get an approving purr in response. Just then Morgan's coyote bounds out of the bathroom excitedly, Liam jumping from my shoulders to say hello.

I watch carefully as Kai goes into the bathroom next. I knew Morgan could control his emotions quite well but a small itty bitty cat could feel quite threatened by a coyote three times it's size.

Apparently I had nothing to worry about as Liam struts right up to Morgan and rubs against his legs, Morgan's tail wagging happily.

Kai saunters out of the bathroom then, giant paws trying not to crush anything on the floor. Liam bounds over to him rubbing against his legs and face and batting his tiny paws at Kai's massive mane. Kai let's out little chufs of amusement as Morgan comes over to him as well and licks a wet strip up Kai's face, mostly to annoy him.

I turn to our movie collection next to the T.V. I had my mom send from home so we could watch T.V. in the dorms. I decide on Finding Nemo before going to the bathroom to shift into my wolf.

Shifting didn't hurt per say, it was just a bit awkward and a little itchy. But once it was complete though, the feeling was freeing, like taking a breath of fresh air.

I shake out my fur after I finish and trot out of the bathroom to see all three of them laying on Morgan and I's bed, Liam cleaning Morgan's face with his little pink tongue. Morgan looked like he was in heaven, eyes closed and tail thumping against the bed.

Kai laid on the bed, tail swishing in contentment. He lifted his head as I hopped on the bed. The beds in our dorm were extra sturdy, so students who wanted to laze around in their shifts didn't break them. As I look for a comfortable spot Liam comes over and rubs against my side and face, purring contently.

I lick his little head in return before laying down in a tight little doughnut shape. Liam seemed to think for a moment before carefully walking on me to lay in the little loop my body made.

He's quite warm and kneads my fur with his little paws. Morgan shuffle over to cuddle up against us before Kai wraps his huge body around the three of us.

I don't think there is anywhere else in the world I would feel safer.