CH1

Birds chirped quietly outside the window. The sun's rays glared through the crack in between the long white curtains which flowed in front of the window. Just then, a sound broke the beauty of peacefulness.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

     I pressed the button on my phone, cutting off the sound of the loud nuisance.  I got up and stretched, as a quiet yawn escaped my lips. I got out of bed and changed into my uniform for college. I went to the washroom, and put some light makeup on, then headed to the kitchen and got some leftover chicken out of the fridge and had it for breakfast. Around 7:40 am I got out of the house and walked to school.

     Today is the first day of my third year in college, I'm 23 years old and I study law.  On the way to my college, there is an old abandoned amusement park where I always see teenagers skipping school and hiding around or exploring the park on my walk to school. I've always wanted to go and explore there but unfortunately, I've never had the balls, nor the time to. But every day I walk past it, and every time there is always something urging me to take a quick look inside, while there's something else making sure that I never get the chance. Honesty,y I'm truly grateful for the latter. Rumor has it that there is a person who lives there and people have labeled him as the "Handsome Magician". Which is odd given that nobody has ever actually seen him.  I realized that I had stopped to think about that which was strange, and to make matters even worse, I was standing right outside the amusement park. 

Weird...

I continued on the walk and stopped by the convenience store to grab a snack. I got some iced coffee and a bag of chips. 

"Your total will be 4191.16KRW" (4.25CAD, 3.35USD)

"Here you go, sir!" I hand him the cash and tell him to keep the change. I grab my snacks and head out. Just as I was about to walk through the door when I bumped into a tall figure. 

"I'm so sorry!" I say, bowing to the person.

"You're good," he says kindly. 

I notice he has a weird top hat on as he stops and takes it off, taking a bow towards me. what a weirdo-or so I thought. When he looked up from the bow I felt a rush of excitement. This man is the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on. His neck-length brown hair completed his eyes so well. I was so busy admiring his face that I looked down for a second and realized he was dressed like a total weirdo. As if the top hat wasn't bad enough, he was wearing a cape, and it made him look like some sort of magician. Once again my dreams of the perfect man have been shattered by his fashion sense. When will men get some sensible clothes? I was about to walk past him when He grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You're quite the pretty young lady." He said it so nonchalantly that it seemed like nothing more than a joke.

"Uhm.. thank you." I tried to go again but he walked in front of me and asked. 

"Do you... believe in magic?"

"Excuse me?" He just stood there, seriously expecting me to answer him. I didn't have time to mess around with him so I just answered yes and left, making sure that he wouldn't get in the way again. On the way, I saw a pretty blue butterfly, which was a bit out of the ordinary since there are never butterflies in our area, but I brushed it off. Besides, it's just a butterfly.

I headed towards the college once more and made it on time to class. the rest of my day went on as usual same boring classes and a small quiz.

- Later that evening - 

I sat there doing some extra work just to make sure I understood what our professor taught us today when I heard my phone buzzing. it was in my jacket pocket so I went to grab it. when I grabbed it, a card with a butterfly on it fell out. I unintentionally ignored the phone call and was deeply intrigued by the card. I opened it up and it had the single word Invitation on it. This day constantly keeps getting weirder and weirder.