. . ⇢ ͙۪۪˚┊❛ 𝐷𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒. ❜┊-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗜𝗜𝗜.ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ˚ ͙۪۪◌

"𝙔/𝙉, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙

"𝙔/𝙉, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙...𝙖𝙜𝙝, 𝙄 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙙𝙞𝙯𝙯𝙮..."┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。ˏˋ ꒰💫꒰ ࿐ ࿔*:・
(Dance - 3: "Y/N, you keep spinning me, not in a good way and...agh, I feel dizzy...")

"So, Y/N, there was news of you hanging out with the Consul, hm? What was that about my dear?"
Mother smirked. Of course, the good ole' mommy-daughter talk.
"Mother, for the last time, I don't like him like that! We've just met, for crying out loud."
"Sweetie, no offense, but you've never had a significant other! Gah, I don't care if they're royalty or a regular citizen. I just want my baby to find someone who can make her happy." She cried jokingly, pinching my cheeks. I rolled my eyes.
"And that's why we have our precious cake hounds. Dogs can provide you with more happiness than a cookie could, I mean, who else spins around like they haven't seen you in 10 years every single time you get home from work? I don't really need a romantic relationship if I have a best buddy! Isn't that right, Sir Buttons?" I laughed at my stupid nickname. His name is actually Buttercup, but I use Sir Buttons whenever I can. He barked and jumped up into my lap, causing me to pat his head gently.
"That statement right there holds truth, my darling. I've taught you well. Haha! Don't let your significant other control you though. If they did something to you I'd-"
I hugged my mother.
"Calm down, you know I'm more than capable of kicking a-"
My mother wheezed.
"Such a weak attempt at profanity, my girl. Ah, you'd best not swear though. It becomes...a habit."
We both just talked and shared stories. This is the type of memories I want of my mother. Not to see her mourning my sister and father, taking week-long breaks again. It kills me inside to see her broken. Father and S/N both told me themselves that they want her to be happy. That's why I spend so much time at the fountain talking to them.
"Pardon my interruption, Lady M/N, Lady Y/N, but the Consul has arrived."
"I thank you dearly for informing me. I'll go meet him right away."
The staff member nodded and walked off.
"Well mother, you have a meeting to attend in a few hours. Best get prepared for that."
"Ohoho, acting like a true Queen now are we? I'll take your word for it!"
I snickered and bid her farewell, striding off to meet with Clotted Cream Cookie.
"Hello Y/N Cookie." He smiled, waving. I motioned for him to come over and walk with me.
"Ah, I see you took my advice! Hi Clotted Cream Cookie. How are you?"
"I am doing alright. Thank you for asking. How about you?"
"I am well. Now, shall we begin?" I asked, as we reached the ballroom.
"Of course. Let's dance."
"Well we gotta stretch first, silly."
(I am so incredibly sorry if any of you reading are dancers, I legit cannot dance but I'll do my best to describe it-)
Once that was done...
"Okay! First, place your hand on my waist."
He nodded, doing so.
"Good good, next, give me your other hand. I'm also going to slip my arm around yours in order to hold your lower back, if that's alright. Just for extra support."
"R-right, aha."
He gave me his opposite hand and I held it up, not too high nor too low, just perfectly balanced in the middle.
"Great, it's perfectly balanced, as all things should be!"
"Hm?"
"Now, step to the left with me. We both need to be in rhythm with each other in order to keep up, alright?"
"Got it."
We both stepped to the left.
"I'm going to step backwards and you'll step forwards." I chirped, stepping back. He followed my lead and did what I instructed.
After about 45 minutes or so, I guess he felt a boost of confidence, because without warning, he spun me around and I kid you not, I choked when I landed right near his face.
"Was that...you proving you're a natural...or proving your dominance?"
"A little bit of both, actually. Haha." He snickered. I smirked and continued dancing as normal...
That was until I lifted him in the air, spun him twice, and dipped him, knocking the literal oxygen out of his body. He breathed heavily, staring wide-eyed up at me. I smugly grinned.
"Let's not forget that I am the instructor here. When you spun me, we weren't in sync. You'll need to work on that." I taunted, lifting him up. He crossed his arms and pouted a bit.
"Oh, don't go getting sour on me during our first lesson. Feedback is always good, because then you'll improve on skills you lack in."
"That is correct...I'm just angry you bested me that once." He sighed, taking a strand of my hair and twirling it. I gulped. Wha...?
"However, I won't let it happen again. Can't have my guard down, hm? I may be the student but I assure you, Lady Y/N, I am full of surprises."
The huge clock chimed, indicating that it was now 4:00, and that our lesson had ended.
"I believe you. Now, it's time for our little groove session to end. I look forward to dancing with you again, partner."
"Why, I'm flattered. I do so as well, mon cherie."
...
We burst out laughing, collapsing to the floor.
"M-Mon Cherie?! Is that what you call your partner or something?!" I cackled playfully, wiping a tear from my eye. His laughing ceased.
"I've um...never been in a romantic relationship, actually. I never had time to have crushes or anything like that when I was younger, so I just gave up on it. Though, I did used to have a crush on you when I was smaller, heheh."
"I saw you at the Assembly when we were like, 10, and always thought: "That guy is hot. What's his name?" and yet, here we are—UHM-" I gasped at what I'd just said. Way to go Y/N, embarrassing yourself.
"Ohh the irony. Anyways, I gotta go-I mean, skedaddle, if that's how you say it."
"Aw okay. Maybe we could hang out sometime? I mean, if you'd like to. We are good friends after all! Hm?"
His smile flickered but immediately brightened.
"Yes, that'd be lovely. Let's do that. Pinky promise?"
"Pfft, okayy~...pinky promise."
We locked pinkies and held up are right hands to prove we weren't crossing our fingers.
And then he left, waving goodbye, leaving me there to smile like I'd just won a lottery. He's so courteous. (Legit I called him curt on accident ughh curt means rude I'm sorry lmao)
However, his smile faltered...when I called us good friends. He might've been hurt by that. I've grown very observant of facial expressions and know when someone is faking.
When his expression brightened, it was a lie.
Alas, everything else he conveyed was honest. The big question is to be asked though: Could he be developing feelings for me?..
||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||
(Have these 2 wip pictures of my CRK OC aha, idk what else to do with them since the sketch always looks better than the final product aa)

||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||(Have these 2 wip pictures of my CRK OC aha, idk what else to do with them since the sketch always looks better than the final product aa)