. . ⇢ ͙۪۪˚┊❛ 𝐸𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑑𝑒. ❜┊-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗩.ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ˚ ͙۪۪◌

"𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙔/𝙉?"┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。ˏˋ ꒰💫꒰ ࿐ ࿔*:・(Escapade - 5: "Are you feeling alright, Y/N?")

(Escapade - 5: "Are you feeling alright, Y/N?")

I still haven't brought myself to inform mother of my newfound knowledge. She's dealing with enough as the current ruler of the Province and I don't want to add more stress to the load she already bares the pain of carrying. Planning the Annual Wintertide Dreamflourian Ball gives us all a massive headache.
Speaking of the Ball, I was currently practicing by myself in the garden, for my stupidly humongous grand entrance. The Consul and I had no lesson scheduled for today, to which I didn't mind. I should give him the benefit of the doubt but...
"Good afternoon, Lady Y/N Cookie."
I jumped, my eyes scanning the greenery for whoever uttered the greeting. I realized there was someone behind me and held back the urge to sigh exasperatedly, turning around.
"Why hello there, Clotted Cream Cookie. To what do I owe the pleasure of your rather surprising presence?"
He chuckled and handed me a piece of paper, neatly written handwriting adorning small, unnoticeable crinkles on the sheet.
"𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗼 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲? 𝗠𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁. 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗻, 𝘀𝗼 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗱, 𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮."
I giggled, this was actually a very cute little handwritten note. I could tell he was getting increasingly uneasy, fiddling with his gloves and diverting his gaze on anything else other than my face.
"You know, if you wanted to take me on a date, you could've just asked. I'd be glad to attend an airship ride with you, though. Pick me up tomorrow at 12 PM, as I'm fairly certain you don't have anything scheduled around lunchtime."
I didn't give him the chance to reply, as I walked towards him and planted a small kiss on his cheek, sauntering off into the palace. He audibly squeaked, stunned.
As I was at the entrance, I cleared my throat.
"Better get a move on. Isn't there a supposed meeting for the Council of Elders to attend, today?"
He weakly muttered, "Yeah..." and bolted off with a red hue all over his face. I smiled gently. So fragile for such a strong figure of authority.
What have I gotten myself into? And most importantly....why'd I do that?
I don't know me, I mean reader, I think I might like him but he may be bad, if bad why hot?
Ahem, sorry.
(Timeskip to later that evening.)
I rolled around on my bedding. I had just finished reading my latest light novel and had nothing to do.
Until a stone hit my window.
What the fiddlesticks?
I groaned loudly, uncurling myself from my blanket burrito and opening my window.
"Okay, if someone is throwing rocks at my window, it's far from romantic. I'm not going to be your Juliet, so let me laze around in peace. Please and thank you. Goodnight ev-"
"So, about that airship ride, Y/N..." I jumped, grasping my chest as I almost dropped to the floor. Clotted Cream Cookie had made his way up (very sneakily, might I add) in front of my windowsill, floating on some type of unreleased Republic technology. My windowsill is surprisingly really wide by the way, isn't that- never mind.
He sat there, smirking at me. With that oh-so-dreamy smug look any other cookie would die for.
"Oh haha, quite the charmer aren't you, Romeo. Do you want another kiss~?" I teased. He raised an eyebrow, his smile never faltering.
"You flatter me. Speaking of kisses, what was that about earlier?"
I blushed a bit as he leaned closer to me. Luckily, I recovered quickly. Haha.
"It was to keep you from blabbering, since you tend to go off on mini tangents. It's cute, but you could've missed your meeting-"
"What about me is cute? You always say I am, so why? Is this to unnecessarily...fluster me?" He questioned, leaning his head on his palm. I huffed.
"No, it's to catch you off guard." I brushed it off. That was partially true, but he does actually look cute sometimes.
"Oh, I see." He chuckled. I lost it when he leaned closer and quickly pecked my cheek.
"Just returning the kiss. You get caught of guard and look so adorable when you do."
"I...but-"
"Goodnight, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow, hm?"
He then disappeared into the night. Is this dude trying to be that infamous Roguefort Cookie or something? Did he mean what he said, or was it a backhanded compliment towards me?
If it was backhanded, he would've taken a tone that sounded rather sarcastic or hurtful. But he described that kiss in such a soft way. I'm so great at reasoning ahahaha...
I closed the window, dazed. What is this guy doing to me? Also how in the heck did he climb up to my windowsill, what is he, spiderman?
In all seriousness, after pacing around the room for 10 minutes, I've become aware of what is happening. I'm developing feelings for him. I am no idiot when it comes to emotions, however I'm an idiot for being attracted to him, because if he IS doing something behind my back, the betrayal will hurt worse than the fall. I cannot be acting like a lovesick puppy right now.
I collapsed on the mattress, too tired to confide in my mother. I tangled myself back up into a burrito and fell asleep.
(Tomorrow Afternoon: Dreamflourian Estate.)
[Yes, it's more of a "castle" but still is called an estate because it's a very modernized version of a castle. Not a lot of balconies and stuff, except in traditional venues such as the ballroom. There aren't any towers either besides the belltower, which we'll get to later in the story, but it isn't connected to the main estate XD]
"Oh? You're hanging out with Mr. Big Shot again I see? Do you guys like each other, because if so that'd make my job much eas-"
"MOTHER, please, for my sake, keep any unnecessary comments for later time, in private...If he were to walk in and overhear your gossip, I'm afraid I'd lose my soul."
"Alright then dear, you have fun! I can see him coming up the steps right now."
I smiled at my mother and waved goodbye, slowly walking towards the door with one of my hands folded behind my back. (omg people who do that are so cute i am sorry but AWOOGA 😍 and yes i am calling us all cute 🥰) The guards opened the doors and in-stepped Clotted Cream Cookie. Though he looked quite...disheveled. I quickly dismissed the guards and led him to our nearest washroom.
"Clotted Cream Cookie? Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm faring fine enough for a 14-hour non-stop shift...I wanted to plan our airship ride accordingly. I...apologize for my current appearance. Gosh I look so disoriented."
I shook my head and tsked.
"No apologizing. I think it was rather sweet of you to lose sleep over me, but please, don't. Rest is a vital key to your body functioning properly."
He leaned tiredly on me. I choked up.
"Mmmnh, I know. But I just want to make sure it's suitable for a guest from our neighboring nation. And you're one of my only friends."
Curse you and your generosity.
"Alright then you pushover. Let's board the airship and rest up, as I assume this will be a more relaxing event."
(On the airship...)
"Just the two of us?"
"Exactly. I presume you haven't had a meal yet, so I've prepared us dinner. And no, I didn't not prepare this entire thing. I cooked most of it myself. It's the love and thought that count, hm?"
"You're too kind."
He laughed.
"It's the least I could do for you."
Interesting.
He pulled out my chair for me and I sat down in it, nodding at him. He then walked over to his own seat and sat across from me.
"So, the Ball is next week already?"
"Yeah, a week from today, actually."
"How nice. I already know who I'll take as my dance partner." He sighed, leaning on his palm and staring at me sleepily. My face reddened.
"And who might that be? One of your fangirls?" I snickered. I was not one to turn a blind eye to all the cookies admiring this man. His future partner will be...um, lucky. Ahahahahaha, ow. I bit into part of my Fancy Jellybean Meal to stop the bitter taste of jealousy. Being an envious cookie is not on my to-do list.
"You may know her. She's technically a princess, but would make a really good Consul if given the chance. An heiress of the Dreamflour Province, intelligent, loving, really pretty (ehe), great with children, a keeper really."
I coughed, ingesting my food too fast after what he said.
"Oh haha, how hilarious. Me of all people?"
"You don't want to dance with me?" He asked, sipping his beverage. I waved him off.
"Nono, I do want to dance with you silly. I was being sarcastic."
"Hmm.."
Once we finished our food and stuffed ourselves full, though we didn't want to admit it, he toured the airship to me. It's his privately owned airship used mainly for his individual business trips and such, though I still feel honored to just be a guest accompanying him. Though after a while, we settled down on a small couch located near a few circular windows, providing us with a view of the dazzling sunset.
I guess he was so exhausted, he fell headfirst into my lap. Asleep. I froze up, internally screaming. I cradled his head carefully and brushed his hair to the side, out of his face. He looked so...serene. I don't know how to describe it.
I felt myself getting drowsy and held him close, drifting off into my slumber with a smile.
(𝗘𝗫𝗧𝗥𝗔!)
Clotted Cream Cookie awoke confused. His eyes took a few minutes to adjust and when they did, he almost screamed. Y/N Cookie was cuddling up to him.
"Ahaha...I-I guess I must've fallen asleep." He whispered. He glanced over at the young heiress and gave her a small peck on the forehead.
"You must have been exasperated too. Being cute takes a lot of your energy, hm?"
||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||
(BTW HOLY MOLY BAJOLY I GOT #249 IN ARENA?!)

 Being cute takes a lot of your energy, hm?" ||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||(BTW HOLY MOLY BAJOLY I GOT #249 IN ARENA?!)

(Also Fishogato whaddya doin)
(Herb and Sparkling were walking around together too aw)

(Also Fishogato whaddya doin)(Herb and Sparkling were walking around together too aw)