The beginning of it all

I can't remember my childhood that well, but this is what I know. I was adopted, by a nice young lady. Her name was Hannah Travis, but I called her "Ms. Hannah". My birth father didn't want anything to do with me. My birth mother decided to give me up when I was 3, she said I was a "mistake". One day in December, one of the coldest days, My birth mother said "I'll be right back with more food, don't move "also I forgot to mention we were homeless beggers, but anyways. I waited patiently for hours, hungry, scared and cold. Ms. Hannah said I was passed out when she found me that day. "I told Mr. Steven to stop the car and as soon as he did I ran to you" Ms. Hannah said. "I took you to the car and told Mr. Steven to go straight home, then Mr. Steven gave you milk" she said. About 2 years later, I was 5, and I remember saying "M-Ms. Hannah, wh-why did my birth parents leave me W-Was I a bad kid to them?" She replied "No! They weren't ready to take care of another person yet, that's all." "Okay.. B-But you'll love me forever and never leave me! r-right..? I said with concern.
"I will always  be here for you, no matter what, alright?" Ms. Hannah said sweetly. At the time, I believed and trusted her more than anyone else.