003

卂几ᗪ尺丨丂

卂几ᗪ尺丨丂

𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢 † 𝙲𝙷𝙿 𝟹

"THIS IS A ZEBRA, DRIS. THEY'RE RELATED TO HORSES AND HAVE PRETTY STRIPES." Andris remembered the gentle voice of the girl. How warm and comforting it was, how she made him feel more safe in her presence than anywhere else. The dark and long strands of her hair danced in the gentle breeze, the small swingset they sat upon rocking back and forth adding to the enchantment of her. Andris's lips pulled into a wide grin, leaning his head upon the older girl's shoulder. The open and walled backyard they loitered in was silence, only the courtyard and the small pool bustling with large Koi fish resided here. Statues of past family members, shrines alike. It was culture home, one he was still getting used to ever since he'd been relocated here. He had many siblings, one's he hadn't made strong connections with, but siblings nonetheless.

Seo-Yoo, she was his half-sister. She accepted him with open arms and a bright smile, wherever she went she carried joy. Well, atleast in his eyes she did. She taught him anything he wasn't allowed to know, assisted him witb his Korean and much more. Seo-Yoo was an angel.. a light in a dim lifestyle.

"I wanna see a zebra one day.." Andris murmured.

"Well, what animals did you have in Haiti..? I'm sure there were interesting ones before you came here." Seo-yoo asked softly in english, caressing the boy's head gently as she awaited his answer. Giggling softly when she watched his face light up. "We had these big blue birds there, they were like..-" He explained with his hands, extending them to showcase their size. "..-Thiss.. big!"

"You must mean Macaws." Seo-yoo patted his head, gently scratching at his scalp that resided underneath his curls. "They're a kind of parrot, similar to..-"

"Andris!" The aged and cracking voice startled the two of them, physically making Andris jump when he set eyes upon the man. How his long hair hung carelessly across his body, a peek of silver hairs growing in his roots that revealed themselves in the sunlight. He stood in a black-embroidered Hanbok, another one hanging from his arms as he tutted his head in Andris's direction.

"Your lessons have already started. Your tutor awaits you." His father said boredly, his eyes darting in the direction of the door. "Sorry, father." Andris mumbled.

"Be off, I must speak with your sister."

"Okay.. Bye, Seo-Yoo." Andris squeezed her tightly in a short hug before hopping down from the swing, passing his father and turning the corner behind the paper-doors that separated the house from the backyard. He intended to continue down the hall, but the stern tone he hears his father use when adress Seo-yoo startles him. Worried he must've gotten her in trouble, he'd hate if it were his fault.

From his distance he can hear a few of their words.

"Do not coddle that boy. If he is to become an heir he will be treated as a man. You will show him no special treatment."