Ch 1: Break-In

It was a normal day at the Ghostbusters' headquarters in New York City. Well, ALMOST normal. Unfortunately a few days ago, Dr. Egon Spengler came down with a bad case of the flu. While he had gotten a little better, it wasn't very much. The guys and Janine had been helping him the best they could, and while they were doing a very good job, he was still quite ill. He was even having trouble keeping anything down. Almost immediately or some time later, he'd throw up the contents.

"You feeling any better?" Dr. Ray Stantz asked as he walked into the bedroom. He had come up to check on his friend. And Ray didn't like when one of his friends was sick.

"Not really." Egon replied sounding really stopped up.

The usually workaholic and well-dressed physicist was downgraded to being stuck in bed under several blankets, wearing an old white t-shirt, grey sweatpants and navy blue socks, and his usually neat dark brown hair a bit messy and disheveled. He was also quite pale, despite his cheeks having a slight pink hue to them cause of his fever, and dark circles under his icy blue eyes particularly stood out against his pale complexion.

"Well, you're getting there. I know your stomach's not agreeing with you right now, but you're a little dehydrated so you think you can at least try to drink some water?" asked Ray.

"I could try." Egon replied as he weakly propped himself up on his shoulders.

Ray handed Egon the glass and he drank it all. However this time he didn't throw it up immediately afterwards.

"Huh, well there's something." Dr. Peter Venkman asked as he walked in the bedroom, "Feeling any better Spengs?"

"Nope." said Egon as he let out a harsh cough.

"Well, you'll get better soon." said Winston Zeddemore as he walked in.

"I hope so." Egon said, "I'm getting sick of throwing everything up. And everything else associated with being sick."

"Yeah, cause I have a date with Dana tomorrow and if I get Oscar sick, she'll be pissed." Peter said.

Just then the alarm sounded, meaning that there was a call. Peter, Ray, and Winston all quickly slid down the fire pole.

"What do we got Janine?" asked Winston.

"We got what sounds like a Class 6 at the Stacey's department store." Janine replied.

"Again?" Ray said. "And a Class 6? We'll need 4 people for this. But with Egon sick, we'll need you for this Janine."

"Ok" Janine replied as she put on her jumpsuit. "Do you think Egon will be ok here alone for a little bit?"

"Maybe, but just in case, we'll lock the back doors." Winston said

Meanwhile, Peter went upstairs to tell Egon their plan, "Hey Egon, we gotta a call. Sounds like a Class 6 manifestation, and Janine's coming with us. Will you be ok here alone for a bit?"

"I'll be just fine..." Egon replied nasally.

"We'll lock all the doors, including the back ones. And we'll have the phone automated so it won't bother you. Sound good?" asked Peter.

"Yeah" said Egon.

"Ok, call us if you need anything." said Peter.

Peter then went downstairs to join Ray, Winston, and Janine in Ecto-1. The four then sped off to their location. After a few minutes, the iconic red and white hearse pulled up to the famous department store. A crowd of people was crowded on the sidewalk with more running out of the building and screaming. The four got out and grabbed their gear before heading inside.