⑦. 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩

"Nicholas!"

Steven's voice rung into your ears as you walked away from him. You just wanted to start your shift without seeing him or listening to his elegant voice. 

"Nicholas...please"

Steven had caught up to you out of breath. He hesitantly wrapped his hand around your wrist as your back faced him.

He knew he did something wrong, he just knew he messed up this time. If it weren't for the voices in his head, he wouldn't be apologizing to you right now. 

"Sweetheart"

He inched his other hand to your shoulder to try and turn you. You spun willingly as your gaze fell onto his chest. 

If you dare to look towards his face, your eyes would surely start to swell.

The pressure on your wrist was weakened. Steven's hand had grazed against your body as it was led to your chin. 

He lifted your head ever so slightly.

Your eyes met his as he gave you a warm smile. 

You couldn't help that your arms had suddenly moved towards him. They had connected around the curly-haired boy.

You both embraced without sharing a single word. 

After some time, you both backed away with smiles. You were still holding back your ever so sensitive tears. 

Steven gulped as he identified your expression. 

"Do...Do ya want ta sit down, maybe?"

You nodded shakingly as he led you to one of the seats in the gift shop. 

Maybe not the best spot, since Donna could instantly find you and scold the both of you for not working. 

But this was important! Steven and you were in a tough situation and needed to talk about whatever was going on with him and how you were taking it.

So you did.

Steven explained his situation. How he had a Lil buddy inside of his head, someone who could take over his body at any moment. 'That explains the sudden mood swings and accent changes'. He also started to become shakier as he explained the situation his buddy was in. He had someone...A special someone.

You held your breath once Steven said he was unsure of the relationship between his friend, and this so-called special someone.  

The frantic boy leaned over to you and rested his hand on yours as he reassured you, allowing you to catch your breath. He informed you that the relationship between his companion and the other person wasn't anything special. Just a history of being together and helping out with certain things. 

Your brain was invaded by this other personality in Steven. You could remember a change in expression and tone. Even the posture of his friend was different and so easy to tell. 'Why did I go along with it?'

"What's your mate's name?... The one in your head"

You tried to make it sound like this didn't affect you at all. Yes, you cared about Steven and you could accept the fact that he had a bunch of different personalities. But knowing one of those personalities had a suspected lover made you stressed.