Chapter 10: Cavalry battle

The scene opens with the main field after the obstacle course. While a handful of contestants were qualified to participate in a cavalry battle, the only catch was a point system depending on the contestant's placement in order. Everyone can feel the tension rising for one contestant on their mind; Midoriya, who recently came first in the obstacle race, had everyone glaring at him, for he had a point value of ten million.

(Y/N): (Sorry, Midoriya. But the eyes are on you now.)

Izuku: (After how much things changed, I'm still a target. It's hard being at the top. Right, All Might?)

Midnight: First years, these are the rules you'll have to oblige by; the game will be fifteen minutes. Each point value will add together to reach your team total. Everyone will know your headband. Swipe as many headbands to raise your team score while wearing the headbands on your neck. The more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them. And another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls, you can keep playing until time runs out.

Yayarozu: It's anyone's game then.

Sato: And since there are forty-two contestants, there will be ten or twelve teams fighting on the field the entire time.

Ashido: So if you lose your headband at the start, you have more time to make up a plan?

Tsu: It's hard to say without seeing how all the points get split up, Mina.

Midnight: During the game, it's a battle where you can use your quirks. But the competition still comes first. If a team makes another fall on purpose will get disqualified.

Bakugo: (Damn...)

Midnight: Now, you all have fifteen minutes to assemble a team!

And so, everyone begins assembling their teams. At first glance, most of the people surrounding (Y/N), Todoroki, and Bakugo. Since no one wants a literal ten million target on their backs, Midoriya barely had luck finding a partner. However, Uraraka wanted to team up with Midoriya, even if she'd become a target, along with an unlikely ally who joined for attention.

As for (Y/N), he declined most of the contestants' proposals. Since this match is about teamwork and cooperation, working with people they already know builds an advantage. While observing the other teams, he noticed some interesting and formidable groups. Most people swarmed around Bakugo, and they were from class A. Regardless of his personality, he's a powerful combatant, and the cavalry battle is in his element. So, he composed a team of Sero, Kirishima, and, surprisingly, Ashido.

(Y/N): (Well, that's something. Ashido is teaming with Bakugo. This could be an interesting team-up.)

Speaking of which, he noticed Todoroki gathered a formidable team himself. His team comprised of Iida, Yaoyorozu, and Kaminari. Realizing he's almost out of time, he tries to find a team until a familiar voice calls him.

Izuku: (Y/N)! Over here!

Turning his attention to the familiar voice of Midoriya, (Y/N) walks over to find him standing beside Uraraka and the steampunk girl from the support course.

(Y/N): Yo. I'm guessing you guys are teaming up for this?

Ochako: Yup! No one else wants to team up with Deku for his points, but I don't care about any of that stuff.

(Y/N): Alright.

Then, (Y/N) turns his head to address the steampunk girl who introduced herself as Mei Hatsume, followed by explaining their plan to evade the other teams.