The Final Results

Cubby's POV

It was the night before my next x ray and I couldn't get to sleep. One, because Jake was snoring and two, I was really anxious about my ankle not being healed and I would have to get surgery on Christmas Day. I was crying all night.

I finally got to sleep but I only got one hour of sleep before Jake went to wake me up.

Jake's POV

I went to wake Cubby up as I shook his shoulder to wake him up.

"Cubby, wake up. You've got your x ray today at the hospital and we need to be on time for it." I exclaimed.

I heard Cubby crying as I sat down on my bed to talk to him.

"Cubby, what's wrong?" I asked him as he sat up in my bed.

"I'm scared that my ankle won't be healed and that I would be needing surgery on Christmas Day to fix my ankle. It's going to be the worst Christmas ever." Cubby exclaimed while he was still crying.

I hugged him to calm him down.

"Cubby, you don't know that for sure. I know that your ankle is healed. You've been resting it for six weeks. There's no way that it can still be broken." I exclaimed.

"But didn't Izzy rest her leg, when it was broken, for six weeks and she still needed surgery?" Cubby asked me.

"Well, her broken leg was just a really bad break but your ankle isn't a bad break. I just know your ankle is healed. Now come on, we really need to get to the hospital." I exclaimed.

Cubby's POV

We arrived at the hospital, I put a brave face on when we walked in through the entrance. We put our face masks on as well.

"Hello, this is Robert Andrews and he's here for his x ray on his ankle." Jake exclaimed as I was beginning to get really nervous.

The Receptionist was typing on her computer until she found my name.

"Yes, just sit in the waiting room and the doctor will come and get you, shortly." The Receptionist exclaimed.

"Thank you." Jake exclaimed as we walked to the waiting room.

We sat down in the waiting room and waited until it was my turn.

"Guys, what if my ankle isn't healed??" I asked them as I was really nervous.

"Cubby, I'm sure your ankle is healed. Don't worry about it." Jake exclaimed.

I was waiting, very anxious until my name was called out.

"Robert Andrews!" The Nurse called my name out as I crutched my way over to the doctors office while following the nurse.

Izzy came with me this time. Jake waited outside, to avoid any trouble with the Guards.

"Hello Cubby. Are you ready for your x ray?" The Doctor asked me.

"Yes, I guess." I exclaimed as the Nurse brought the wheelchair over while I sat down in the wheelchair.

"Good luck Cubby. I'll be here, when you come back." Izzy exclaimed, through her mask as I smiled with my eyes since she couldn't see my smile.

"Thanks Izzy." I exclaimed, through my mask.

We arrived in the x ray room and the nurses helped me onto the x ray table as they helped me to lie down.

The doctor positioned the x ray camera towards my ankle.

"Okay Cubby, we'll be in the other room, taking the x ray. Lie very still." The Doctor exclaimed as I layed very still while looking at the x ray camera.

After my x ray was over, the nurses helped me off the x ray table and placed me in the wheelchair. The Doctor took me back to his office, where Izzy was waiting for me.

He placed me on the bed.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to get your x rays." The Doctor exclaimed as he went to get my x rays.

"Izzy, do you think my x rays will be okay." I asked her.

"I'm sure your x rays will be brilliant. I'm sure your ankle will be fully healed." Izzy exclaimed as I hoped my ankle is fully healed.

The doctor came back with my x rays.

"Thank you got your patients." The Doctor exclaimed as he placed my x rays on the board.

"I have brilliant news." He exclaimed as he turned the board on.

"Your ankle is fully healed. The break is no longer there." The Doctor exclaimed as I was really happy as Izzy hugged me

"I told you Cubby. Your ankle would be completely healed." Izzy exclaimed.

"Thanks Izzy." I thanked her.

"We will take your cast off now." The Doctor exclaimed as he and the Nurse came over with the equipment to take my cast off.

"Will this hurt?" I asked him as I layed down on the bed.

"It won't hurt." The Nurse exclaimed as the doctor began to use the drill to take my cast off.

After my cast was taken off, I put my shoe back on along with my sock.

"So I won't need surgery?" I asked the Doctor.

"Nope, there's no need for surgery but I do want you to come back in two years, to make sure you won't need plates and screws being put in your ankle." The Doctor exclaimed.

"So when does he need to come back?" Izzy asked him.

"He will need to come back around Christmas time in 2022." The Doctor exclaimed.

"Okay. Come on Cubby, let's go and tell Jake, that you're completely better." Izzy exclaimed as we left the doctor's office.

Jake's POV

I was waiting for Izzy and Cubby to come outside. I saw them come out as I saw them take their face masks off. I saw Cubby with no crutches or cast on his ankle.

"Hey, is somebody here finally better?" I asked Cubby.

"Yep, his ankle is completely healed but he will need to come back in two years around Christmas time, to make sure it's completely healed." Izzy exclaimed.

"Well that's good. The main thing is that you're completely better and just in time for Christmas." I exclaimed.