Chapter Ten: Realisation

Chapter Ten

Realisation

***

Will POV

*** Flashback ***

I entered the shop, feeling out of place. I timidly walked over to the glass counters, pretending to admire the sparkling jewellery. I scanned over the necklaces, eyeing the prices and trying to stop myself from running out the door, clutching my wallet defensively.

"Can I help you?"

I looked up, unwillingly. The man behind the till walked over and I could see him look me up and down, already guessing my price range.

"Hey. I'm looking for a valentine's present for my girlfriend. I want something really special... Unique..."

The man, his lips a thin line, glided over to a counter to the write. He unlocked the window and held up a golden heart necklace. I tried not to frown at his idea of unique. Something caught me eye.

"Can I see that?" I pointed to the necklace, watching as the man picked it up grudgingly.

It was a silver necklace with a beautiful crystal dolphin. The crystal dolphin had perfect hints of blue shimmering in the light. It was beautiful.

It was Bella.

"I'll take it!" I nodded, relieved that I had managed to find something that Bella would love.

*** End of Flashback ***

Emma POV

Valentine's day. The day of red roses, cards and chocolate. Well, for those in a relationship. I turned the volume up in the car so that Black Sheep by Metric was thumping so loud I couldn't hear myself think. Perfect. I glanced sideways at Will, who sat perfectly still in the passengers seat, staring out of the window.

"What's up?"

I imagined Will to ignore me or hide his feelings as usual. I definately wasn't expecting what happened next.

"I want her back."

I flicked my head to look at him in surprise before turning my attention back to the road.

"What?" I exclaimed, unsure if I had heard right.

Will still didn't move, his face serious. "Breaking up with Bella was the worst thing I have ever done." Will finally turned to look at me. "And I've done some stupid things. I'm not the smartest."

I chuckled but immediately went back to being serious. "Are you going to do something stupid now?"

Will sat up and pulled his phone out from his pocket.

"No doubt about it."

Happy Valentine's day! The reason why black sheep by metric is mentioned is because I was listening to the song as I wrote this chapter. I don't own it but it's a great song. Hope you all get something special from that special someone! I'm hoping I will!