Chapter 1: Every End is a Beginning

(Asta's p.o.v.)

  It had been two days after the Elf incident subsided, I was arrested by the Magic Parliament, under the false charges of being the Devil responsible for the attack. I plead my innocence, however no matter how much I tried to reason with them, none of the nobles or royals believed me, or rather they never intended to listen. They were using my as a scapegoat to save face. I knew that no one was going to defend me, not even my squad.

  Me: "I've had enough." I stated.

   The judge presiding that fake trial, Damnatio replied: "Am I to assume that you admit to your crimes?"

  Me: "Why would I confess to crimes I didn't commit?" I broke free from my shackles and continued, "I've had it with this pointless discrimination against the social classes. I put my life on the line to protect the people of this country many times, and I get framed for something I didn't do? I refuse to breathe the same air as you people any longer. So, I'm leaving Clover and will never return, even if you beg me."

  Damnatio: "Very well, I hereby exile Asta of the Black Bulls from Clover Kingdom. Now leave."

  I turned toward the door and walked out, began my journey to the Grand Magic Region, where Clover kingdom won't find me. If by some miracle that they want to ask for my help, I wouldn't. I refused to even look at anyone of Clover in the eye. That's why I chose to go to the Grand Magic Region, it's tough area to trek. Also, because it would be the perfect place to train to become stronger. Because of the dangerous creatures that live in the neutral territory, I would have to stay in fighting shape in order to survive and any of them that are stronger than me would help improve any of the traits I use in a fight.

  I used my Black form to fly towards the Grand Magic Region. Once I made it to the border, the time on my transformation run out, so I began walking through the neutral territory while waiting to be able to go Black Asta again. After hiking through the mountainous regions, I found the perfect place to set up camp, a valley. I from up top the mountain, I could see a river flowing from the east to the west, so I decided to search for shelter by the river. After a few hours, I found a cave about half a mile from the river, I decided to camp in there until I could build myself a cabin.

  At sunset that day, I was cooking some fish I caught in the river for dinner. While waiting for it to finish, I decided to talk to the devil in my grimoire. Since I was alone, I needed someone to talk to in order to keep myself sane. I closed my eyes and called out to him.

  Me: "Hey, are you there? Devil?"

   Suddenly, I was in a red void with a towering shadow with wings and horns looking down at me. When I saw it, memories came back to me. I had met that guy before.

  ????: "It's been a while, kid."

  Me: "Yeah, it has."

   ????: "So, what do you want?"

   Me: "I just wanted to talk, I'm bored.
           You can understand, since we
            only talked once before.

   ????: "You're talking to a devil      
                because you're bored? You
                must be crazy?!

    Me: "If we're gonna keep working together, I need to get to know you better. After all, I couldn't have survived all those battles without your help. I can't thank you enough."

  He looked confused by what I said.

   ????: "Thank me?"

   Me: "Yeah, why is that weird to you?"

   ????: "You're not the first human to thank me for something."

  I asked curious, "Who were they?"

   ????: "Your mother."

    Me: "Wait, what?! You knew my mom?!!" I screamed in surprise.

    ????: "I did. But before we get into that, let me out of the grimoire before you burn your dinner."

    I just remembered about that. He was right, I was still cooking dinner.

   Me: "Alright, how do I do that?"

    ????: "I was sealed in the grimoire using magic, try using Demon Destroyer on it."

I pulled out my grimoire and summoned Demon Destroyer. I then used Fate Release to undo the seal, and it worked. A black mist appeared next to me, it then took the form of my devil. The darkness that covered his face crumbled away revealing his true appearance.

       Me: "So, that's what you really look like? By the way, you never told me your name?"

    ????: "My name is Liebe, that's the name your mother gave me."

    Me: "Well Liebe, I got plenty of fish, so let's talk while we eat. You probably haven't eaten since you were sealed, right?"

    Liebe: "Exactly, I haven't eaten in 14 years. So, I'm hungry enough to eat a herd of cattle."

   Me: *chuckle* I bet you are, pal."

  Luckily, the fish got done cooking in time, so me and Liebe started eating our fill.

  Somewhere in the Grand Magic Region.

   (No one's p.o.v.)

   In the far end of the Grand Magic Region, a fortress city surrounded by a heavily armored wall stands. In a certain office within the city, sits a man with tan skin and white at a desk, and a dark blue haired man smoking a cigarette on one of the two sofas.

   White hair: "Well Lindow, it looks like some Aragami are running around in the western region. You think you can take care of them

   Man named Lindow: Sure thing, Soma. Mind if I bring some guys with me to join the party?"

  Soma: "Of course, just make sure you all come back alive."

   Lindow: "Hahaha, back when you and I were doing field work, I was always the one telling you that!"

   Soma: *chuckle* True.

   Lindow: "Well, I better go put together a team and head out. Don't get buried in paperwork again." He says he gets up and walks out the door.

  Soma: "I hope we can save this world from becoming like ours."