Chapter 1, Meeting once again

Norman's Point of View:

   I was in a coffee shop on a Thursday evening drinking an iced Carmel macchiato working on an essay due the next day until I notice Ray walking in with his binder.

   I wave at Ray and smile. " Hey Ray! " I say. Ray notices me and waves back " Oh, hey Norman. " He says. He walks over to me with his hair covering one of his eyes. " I had a feeling you might have been here today. Why don't you sit down?" I gesture for him to an empty seat next to me. He sits down and places his binder next to him and asks " What are you here for?" "I had an essay to get done and figured an environment like this would be nice.

   It is to quiet and lonely at home. And coffee is a bonus! " I say as I smile at him.

   " I see. I personally came to get away from my annoying roommates." Ray says. " Yeah, I understand that. Are they as hyper as Emma? " I ask. Ray groans and replies with, " Try three Emma's. I chuckle, " That must be fun to deal with everyday. " Ray says with a strong amount of sarcasm, " You have no idea. "

   " How old are you now, Ray? It's been awhile since we talked like this. Ray grins at me and exclaims, " Same as you, Norman, 16! "

   " Yeah, it's hard to believe kids here don't start college until after 18. " Ray nudges me with his shoulder and replies with, " We're just exceptional. " I smile wide and exclaim, " Yeah, you're right! " I look at Ray playfully and and say, " We're sPeCiAL~ "
Ray's Point of View:

   I chuckle at Norman's antics and order and herbal tea. When I order this Norman looks at me surprised. " What? " I ask. " Didn't know you to be into tea " Norman says as he does that adorable little smile of his. " Shhh~ " I tell him as I press a finger against my lips. " Don't worry Ray, I won't tell anyone, your secret is safe with me! " Norman exclaims.

   I smile at him and pull out a history paper. I notice Norman peeking over to see what I am doing. " Do you need any help with that Ray? I have it finished. " Norman asks. " Ummm, I think just this one. " I point at the question and he hums in thought. " World war 2 " he tells me. I remember and exclaim " Oh right! Thank you! "

   I look up and see notice Norman studying me and he quickly looks away blushing slightly. " S-sorry... " He says. " It's alright. " I assure him. I look at the time, " Ah, I better go... " Norman looks at me and frowns. " Oh, ok. Well... Bye. " Norman says as he looks over to the door.

   " See you around then. " I notice he is holding something back but I'm not quite sure.

    ' What is this feeling I get when I'm with him? Do I like him?! '

   Norman looks down and proceeds to put all his stuff in his school bag. " I guess I should get going as well. It's getting late. " Norman says standing up. I watch him as he wipes his eyes and pushes his chair in. " Well... " Norman says as he forces a smile upon his face.