i. Distant, Steve Rogers

"Are you in here, Y/N?" Three quiet knocks on the door are followed by a faint voice from outside the door

     "Are you in here, Y/N?" Three quiet knocks on the door are followed by a faint voice from outside the door. Your head gently lifts up from the comfortableness of your pillow to look up at the door. You completely sit up on your bed and run your hands through your hair, before answering the voice you know so well.

     "Yeah, come in." At this, the door quietly opens, and Steve walks in, then leaning up against the doorframe of your room. The candle on your bedside table flickers slightly as a result of the door opening and the shift in the air. The candle then continues to fill your space with the delectable scents of vanilla and lavender.

     "Uh hey Steve. What's up?" You ask the man looking at you intently.

     His lips curve up in the slightest way, before he asks, "Um, how are you?", furrowing his eyebrows. He looks contently at you, waiting for your answer.

     You sigh, before answering him, "I'm pretty good. Just trying to manage and stuff." He nods his head slightly, then slightly gestures his hand to nonverbally ask if he could sit. You immediately nod your head at his request. The corners of his lips break into the smallest smile before he removes himself from the doorframe, and stuffs his hands into the pockets of his dark grey hoodie.

     He sits down on the edge of the bed, his hips turned so he can see you. "Can I be honest with you?" He looks into your eyes, waiting for your answer. His request comes out only as a whisper, only loud enough for you to hear. Your heartbeat quickly rises, nervous about what he wants to say to you.

     "Yeah, of course Steve. Always." You answer him, praying that he doesn't hear your heart beating out of your chest. You could've sworn that the candle flickers because of your change in breathing.

     "I feel like we haven't talked in forever, Y/N. I don't know, I just feel like you've been kind of distant with me recently. And if I did something to cause that, I'm sorry." Your heart sinks into your chest. You know exactly why you've been distant, why you haven't been talking to him. You saw him kiss Sharon. You were in the car that day with Bucky and Sam when Steve and Sharon kissed right in front of you. You definitely weren't going to tell Steve that you were completely infatuated with him, so you held in your feelings, all of the hurt, and the pain.

     "I- um. I don't-" You started before Steve interrupts you, running his hands through his hair, flustered.

     "Because um, Y/N, I don't want to lose you. God. Because I like you! And you mean the world to me and I hate that we've grown apart..." Steve looks up from his hands to meet your wide eyes. He sees your reaction and his eyes grow wide. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Um, I'm just gonna go now." He rambles, quickly picking himself up from the bed and walking back out of your room.

     "No, Steve wait!" You call his name. With him being too embarrassed to even know that you're calling him back, he continues the journey out of your room. You quickly get off of the bed and run over to the man that has one foot out of the door. You grab his shoulder and turn him around to look at you.

     You lock eyes with the super soldier that you've grown to adore. "I like you too, Steve." Your face breaks into an ear-to-ear smile as he looks at you in disbelief.

     As he gently presses his lips to yours, butterflies erupt in your stomach. Steve places one hand on your waist and the other on your cheek, and your lips move in unison. As you wrap your arms around his neck, you melt into his arms. As you do this, Steve smiles into the kiss, causing you to giggle and pull away with a grin.

     "Holy sh-" You begin before you get interrupted.

     "Language, pretty girl." He smirks down at you, his arms around your waist and yours around his neck.

     "Yes sir!" You say sarcastically, laughing as you do it. This causes him to turn his smirk into a real smile. Steve lifts one hand from your waist to your face to brush a piece of your hair behind your ear. His hand then rests on your cheek.

     "So, Y/N. Would you like to go on a date with me? Say tomorrow night?" He questions. Your heart flutters as your face becomes redder.

     "Yes, Steve. I would love that." You happily reply. His smile becomes even wider if possible as he pulls away from you.

     "So tomorrow night then?" He asks again to confirm, walking backward towards your door with a smile. You nod at him. He mouths an enthusiastic "Yes!" pumping his arms to celebrate as he walks out of the door. You giggle at him as he walks down the hallway happily.

     In awe, you collapse onto your bed with a ginormous grin on your face, ear-to-ear. "Wow..." you whisper.

thank you for reading my first imagine!
i hope you liked it! if you want a specific
imagine, go request on the first chapter
with the request form! please don't be a
ghost reader and don't forget to vote
and comment! love you! - joce <3