Prologue

May 20, 2021

Dear Luca, 

It has almost been four years since you moved across the country. High school was not easy to adjust to without you, however, I made a couple of friends. You would love them. In fact, you would've been glad that I came out of my comfort zone. BTW, congratulations on graduating high school! We both made it :) How did high school treat you? Even though I made friends, high school  was alright. Better if you were here with me. At the beginning of high school, everyone asked about you. I just told them you were out there exploring the world like you promised me, but deep down I had no idea. You left without a warning. 

I wonder what college you plan going to or if you are going. I got accepted into six colleges! Three are from here in North Carolina so I can stay close by to my parents and three are from Seattle Washington to stay closer to you, hopefully. In case you are wondering, I plan to major in Computer Science. Thanks to you, I found a passion for it. 

I'm not sure if you'll ever get this. Every time I send emails, you never reply back. It's fine, I understand you are busy with life or if you have already moved on from our friendship of thirteen years. Maybe I should move on as well, but every time I try there is something that reminds me of you... of us. 

I blame myself for not telling you earlier how I felt about you. I blame myself that I never had the nerve of telling you sooner, maybe then you wouldn't move so far away. I planned to give you a letter after high school, that was how I was going to express my feelings about you. I had it all planned out since seventh grade. Maybe I will give it to you when I run into you or maybe it will never be opened. Who knows. Maybe I have moved on when I start college and meet other guys. 

Anyways, I hope everything is going alright. I'll email you again soon! Maybe tomorrow however, I'll be a little busy since I got a job at the local coffee shop near my house. Take care Luca <3

- Alani :)