Chapter 4💙Good part

Tay and New met with very enthusiastic Mew after two days.

"I am sorry" Tay apologised as soon as they entered Mew's office. "Its alright Mr. Tay. I could understand how you feel." He gave his friendly smile.

"Just call me Tay, Dr. Mew" Tay said returning his friendly smile. "Then you should also call me Mew" he demanded back and Tay agreed.

"Uhm...what have you guys decided?" Mew asked after an awkward silence.

"We are going to have this baby" Tay said holding New's hands and smiling lovingly at him.
"I am so happy for you guys. I will make sure your baby gets the best" Mew said sincerely.

"Are you going to be in charge of his case?" New asked suspiciously.

"Of course I am. I did another major in male pregnancy so I am sure I can handle it. Or if you don't want me, I can recommend you to another doctor"

"No, P'Mew. We are fine with you. I was just asking."

"Okay, now let's get started" Mew said and got up.

He led Tay and New through long corridors which led to the scan room. "Open your shirt and lie down Tay" Mew said starting the device. Tay did as he was told and New helped him.

"This gel will be cool" Mew said as warning. When Mew applied the gel Tay hissed at the cold sensation. Then Mew proceeded to move the wand over his abdomen searching for something. New was holding Tay's hand for support.

"There it is...your little bean" Mew pointed the small tiny fetus on the screen. Both Tay and New saw the screen excitedly.

"Uhm...where is it? I can't see" Tay mumbled.

"Here it is" Mew pointed the screen again. "It is very small" New commented.

Mew chuckled hearing that. "It is only 6 weeks...they will grow hereafter" he said.
He moved the wand around silently. Smile never left Tay and New's face. Tay pulled New close to him. New bent down to hear what Tay wanted to say.

"Is something wrong with us?" He asked and New was shocked. "Why are you asking Tay?"

"No, in movies and books I have seen couples cry when they see their baby for first time. But we both are happy, not even I can't fake tears." He whispered.

Mew laughed hearing them. "Don't worry Tay, many couples won't cry until they get to the good part"

"Uhm what is the good part?" New asked.

"This..." he said placing the fingers on his lips to signal them to be quiet. He turned on something and pressed the wand again.

Lub...dub...lub...dub...

Heart beat sound echoed in the room. "Its your baby's heart beat Mew said smiling."

"Its really there hin!" Tay said excitedly and when he saw New, he was in tears.

"Hey don't cry" Tay pulled New close to him by grabbing his shirt and wiped his tears. 'Now I get why this is the good part!" He said smiling through tears.

Mew handed few tissues to New to help Tay in removing the gel after checkup. Tay said he himself can do and New pouted. "I wanted to do till I can hin. You can do after few weeks. I am sure my tummy will be big and I can't reach every place that time" Tay said pinching his husband's cheeks. Tay cleaned the gel himself and everyone went back to Mew's cabin.

"Your baby is healthy Tay, but you look very weak. You have to make some changes in your diet. And you have to take rest. Don't do any physical work. If you can, take a break from your work as early as possible." Mew said and prescribed some medications.