SS Chapter 1: Life of Bright

6.30 am.

Bright sighed and got up. It will be correct time to wake up. Its still a bit early, but since he was already awake, he decided to get ready for the day.

After a good shower, he dressed in his work clothes and went to prepare breakfast for him and his grandmother.

When he opened the door, there was small creature lying at his doorstep. It quickly woke up and moved around his leg.

"Ame, why are you sleeping here?"

He picked up his cat and caressed behind her ear, which usually keeps her calm.
He filled her bowl with catfeed and went to prepare his breakfast. His grandmother was still sleeping. As she was getting old, he made sure he helped her in whatever way possible. After all, she is his only family in this world. His parents died in an unfortunate accident happened many years ago.

"Bright! You're awake this early?" His grandma asked tiredly.

"Yes yaai. Did you sleep well?" He asked still preparing their breakfast. Ame jumped onto her lap once the lady took seat on the couch.

Their home was really cozy. Two bedrooms, living room, small balcony, kitchen area and a small dining area. That was comfortable for the two of them.
"My back was aching all night. I couldn't sleep well."

Bright gave a worried glance to his grandma. "I will try to come early today. We will go to doctor."

"No need for that Bright. I am seeing doctors for years, only tablets and ointments have changed. My pain is still the same. You don't waste your salary on me anymore. Save them for your partner."

"We will see about that when I have one. Now I have you and I will spend for you."

"You are stubborn kid Brighty. I already feel bad for your lover."

"Here, have some tea before worrying about someone who doesn't exist." He gave her usual favourite lemon tea.

"Why are you up this early?"

"P'Tay asked to come to his home today. So I got ready bit early."

"How is he Bright?"

"He is good. He is probably going to take his leave in few days."

Bright's grandma went to kitchen and came with small box. "I made some cookies yesterday. Give them to Tay. He might like it."

Bright got that cardboard box and kept it in a small takeaway bag. "I will give it yaai"

"I made breakfast, come let's have it."

After having his breakfast and bidding goodbye to his grandma and Ame, he went to his office.

When he came to parking lot, he started his car. Even after many attempts, his car didn't start. He called service mechanic, who checked and said it was some engine fault and his car will be ready by afternoon.

He started walking towards nearby cafe. All this tension at morning, calls for a good coffee. He went inside and ordered his usual. He was a regular there, but was not friendly with anyone.

After getting his coffee-to-go, he stood on the pavement waiting for a cab. After waiting for almost ten minutes, a cab approached his side. He said the address and when he was about to get in, someone came running and collided on him. Due to the momentum, Bright couldn't balance and fell on the ground.

"Sorry, it is emergency. Thank you so much," the tall and well built guy who made him fall, got in the cab and went way.

"What the fuck?"