When You Make Revelations

Fawn and I exited the cave and met up with Tinker Bell and Periwinkle. We headed back to the center of the warren to regroup and continue the search for Heather.

Just then, Bunny came racing towards us. "Miss Kayleigh, I think I've found out how we can fix this."

I looked at him in excitement, "Anything to bring back Spring and Easter."

"It's something to do with you," Kangaroo told me, "During the Guardians' battle with Pitch, you were the last light of Belief on the map that refused to go out. They showed Jamie instead because he was the first in more than 300 years to believe in Jack. I think your system of Belief is different because you put your trust in fairies as well as the Guardians, which enables you to Believe in us for longer."

My eyes twinkled. "So, what do I need to do?"

Bunny smiled at my enthusiasm. "Since the key link here is related to Believers, we can bring back Easter—and Spring—by...."

We turned around to see an indignant Heather walking towards us. "Found her!" Bunny stopped mid-sentence and grinned cheekily at my little sister. "Hooray," she laughed sarcastically.

I gasped in relief, gratitude, and exasperation, "Heather! Where in the world did you go?"

"Just for a walk. What's the big deal? It doesn't seem like you care anyway. You've got everyone you need here. The Easter Bunny, the fairies, a NeverBeast... isn't this the world you constantly dream of?" my sister deadpanned.

I looked back at her, incredulous. "We've been looking all over for you. How could you possibly think I wouldn't come and look for my sister? Besides, are you sure you aren't the one who's causing all this mess?"

"What mess?"

"In case you didn't know, it's still Winter back in the Mainland."

"Yes, I know, but how does this relate to me?"

I scowled. "Obviously, you stopped Believing. Now the Guardians and the fairies have lost all their Believers, which meant that because YOU gave up your childhood, YOU chose to stick to facts when you don't OPEN YOUR EYES and look around you—"

I stopped mid-sentence.

"I don't want to keep on looking at you and seeing a ton of papers around you! You're eight, Heather. Eight. Live in bliss a little longer," I pleaded.

"The thing I fear the most is looking back at my childhood, your childhood, and regretting that we hadn't taken risks, enjoyed ourselves, and so much more. The world outside our bubble is harsh, and we can't always find the answers or go back to what it was like before we grew up. All I'm asking is for you to live a little, to put your trust in the things we're familiar with and that we love. Look at Tinker Bell and Periwinkle right here. The Easter Bunny is standing right in front of us—it's a dream come true for me. Now I don't even know if it's a dream come true for you."

"Then why can I understand Tink and Peri? Why can I see Bunny? Have you ever thought of that? Being immersed in paperwork and relying on science to back up my claims doesn't mean I lose Belief, Kayleigh. That's what I've tried to tell you time and time again." Heather looked away forlornly. "I've never lost Belief. Ever."

Tink and Peri looked at one another. "Girls," Tink started. "Don't you realize it? You both are the Believers that need to patch up the conflict. When you apologize to one another, Spring will come."

"You do have to apologize sincerely, though," Periwinkle warned. "Otherwise, we risk eternal winter everywhere."

"Everywhere?" I repeated, then a wave of deja-vu washed over me. "As much as I love being involved in a real-life Frozen plot, I have a score to settle with my sister." We both glared defiantly at each other.

"Don't even start." Tink put out her tiny hand in front of my nose. "Kayleigh, you've got to understand that everyone has Belief, even adults. It might be latent like most adults, or it might be obvious, just like most children. They just have to dig deeper to find it within themselves. And not all people are as strong of Believers as you two. People have different ways of expressing themselves, like us fairies have different talents."

"And that's why you're sisters and Believers," Periwinkle added. "Heather's Belief just might have been buried and disguised underneath a lot of maturity and practicality. Sure, she seems engrossed in scientific experiments, but that doesn't mean science and magic can't work together! There will always be a way for science to be incorporated into magic and vice versa. That's just what a bunch of adults—and Heather—are doing."

"As for you," Tink put her hands on her hips. "Kayleigh, you've been the biggest supporter of the Hollow since the day you Arrived—I mean, were born. You've never lost your childhood because you missed out on such an eventful night of your life that basically confirmed that what you Believed in was true. You dreamt about us because you're one of our core Believers, and that's why the nightmares didn't get to you. Likewise, Heather didn't get nightmares because she's a Believer. You both have different ways of expressing that you trust us, and we respect that."

"Then--then why didn't our lights go on in the Guardians' globe?" I asked.

"Jamie was the first one to Believe in Jack Frost since he was reborn as a Guardian, which enhanced his Belief in the Guardians," Periwinkle sniffed, looking at Bunny. "However, fairies are your core. Guardians are his. You and Heather Believed in us first, and Jamie Believed in the Guardians first,"

Bunny had watched the whole situation unfold like in Pixie Hollow. "What matters the most is that you and Heather have differences and similarities, and you should learn to respect that. And whenever anyone at all is losing Belief or in any sort of trouble, just remember our core values. Hope, dreams, memories, wonder, and possibly even having some fun will be able to help you,"

"Look," I spoke up, "I understand that as sisters, we have to work together. But what about the fairies and the Guardians? Don't you have to work together?"

"She's right." Heather took my hand in hers. "I think I'm ready to forgive Kayleigh; are you fairies and Guardians ready to reconcile? You know, Kayleigh might have had a better chance of experiencing the magical night with her friends to save Believers,"

Bunny, Tink, and Periwinkle looked at each other warily. "We suppose so,"

I gave Heather a slight but genuine smile, which I hadn't done since we started arguing. "Thank you. I'm sorry for ever doubting your Belief, and I promise I'll respect your ideas from now on," Then I turned to Bunny and the fairies. "You know, if we work together, we just might be able to bring back Spring in time for an Easter egg hunt to begin in Burgess,"

"Call the Guardians," Bunny smiled halfheartedly, "I know what we can do,"