Chapter Two: Broken Routine

Drip

Drip

Drip

Silence

WAKE UP!

Flood

Anxiety. Fear. Anger. Boredom. Fear. Anxiety. Anger. Depression. Contentedness. Fear. Anxiety. Joy. Serenity. Fear. Anger. Fear. Anxiety. Panic. Frantic. Fear. Joy. Anger. Eagerness. Anxiety. Anger. Peace. Boredom. Fear. Joy. Anger. Anger. Numbness.

Elliana sat up in her bed, waking in a cold sweat. She knew it wasn't real, it couldn't be. She could never have silence, never. Wait, what time is it? She rolled over in her bed. Elliana cursed under her breath. Of course she was late.

She scrambled out of bed, and got ready as fast as she could. Her mom was already gone, and her brother was too, or still asleep. His school schedule was. . . unique. She ended up getting in her seat a split second before the bell rang.

School went by and here again she was, sitting at a small, empty table. She tried to block out the flood, she was doing better, but still not good.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" Elliana looked up, was that voice talking to her. She saw a boy with red-ish brown hair and green eyes. "Soooo, is that a no, then?" the boy asked, nervousness coming from him. "It's free." Elliana said, still a little shocked that someone could sneak up on her, and that he wanted to sit with her.

She wasn't stupid, she knew what people said about her. She was the freak who killed her father. It wasn't true, she didn't kill him, just the people needed a new subject to stare at. Even though shes kept her quirk, as she called it, a secret, she was still labeled a morbid freak.

She shook herself out of her thoughts and realized the boy was speaking. "I'm Jeremy, Jeremy Gold." (I'm terrible at names :( ) 'Jeremy, huh?' "Do you always sit alone?" the bo- Jeremy asked. Elliana nodded. Jeremy kept asking more questions.

Why was he here and why was he asking all these questions? Elliana's fists clenched, was this some kind of dare? "Why are you here?" she asked sternly. Jeremy stopped talking and looked confused, "Like here at school, or-" she cut him off, "Like why are you sitting here with me of all people? Was it a dare?"

"A dare? No, you just looked lonely, and I didn't have anywhere else to sit. If you're that annoyed I can go, though." What? He was there. . . for her? This was confusing. She gulped, and replied, "No, please, sit." Jeremy's smile was back as he sat down, and started eating.

The silence didn't last for long, as Jeremy started up a conversation again. "I forgot to ask, what's your name?" 'We really made it this far without him asking for, or me telling, my name?' "Elliana Laurent." Elliana said. "Really? Cool name." 'Cool?' Elliana had been told she had a unique name, but not a "cool" name. How did she feel about that?

The bell rang, and Jeremy said "Ah, man! Already? Fine. Alright, catch ya later, Elliana!" he waved to her and ran off. She had a feeling that she couldn't quite discern, watching him leave. Why?

She shook it off, and went to throw away her trash, but the flood of emotions was back. Wait, back? When did it go away? She was very confused, now. Whatever, Elliana went to class and did the rest of her classes (I'm sorry I don't put in lessons. I don't know what fifteen year-olds learn, and it's not really important to the story.)