3: school gates

Nicks perspective.

The time had finally come. 3pm. Fight time. I really wanted to beat the shit out of Harry. But I know he will just twist the story round like he did with my wrist. At lunch time I went and grabbed a few bandages to wrap up my wrist because it was really sore. I didn't want him to see that though he'd think I'm a pussy or something.

I saw everyone stood there waiting for the fight to occur. All the tiny year 7's waiting with there phones out recording. "Oh well look who showed up." Harry says clapping his hands slowly and sarcastically. I slapped him in the face as hard as i could, it felt extremely nice. But as I soon as I did I regretted it hugely. He grabbed my tie and yanked me closer pushing my head back and pushing me on the floor and punching my face. I punched back and then he was on the floor. And then it repeated. It ended with his jaw dislocating. "Woah." I muttered to myself.

I picked up my back pack and strolled off, fixing my hair as I walked home. Although I did feel good about it, I was in a lot of pain and my tie was dirty from the mud and his germs and my mum was going to ask me 1000 questions that are never ending. I put my AirPods in and cried as I walked home. My phone kept pinging and it was all texts from Charlie and I completely ignored them. I almost felt guilty. Charlie always tells me to stay out of fights and he can stick up for himself but I know he can't. I sigh. "Oh shit I'm supposed to meet him." I grabbed my phone out my pocket and opened all his texts. The first one was; "what time tonight.?", "Nick.?" "Hello." "Are you coming or what?." "Sorry." "What's happened?." "Are you okay.?".

I said "I'm good thanks, I'll be over at 4:30 is that good?, how was your day?." He started typing straight away. I get butterflies every time we text like the first time we ever did. He said: "okay see you then❤️." "❤️❤️." I replied with, and walked into my house. "Oh Nicky your home." My mum says coming to the hallway. "Hi mum." I say going upstairs. "Hang on how was your day?." I didn't want her to see what was on my face, the bruises, Isaac warned me about. "It was good thanks I have to hurry going to Charlie's tonight for a few hours." I say disappearing. "Okay do you need a lift there." No I thought absolutely not. "Nah I'll walk thanks though mum." I shut my door and I was greeted with Nellie sat on my bedroom floor.

I got dressed into my comfy clothes and packed a bag, I had an extra hoodie for Charlie his favourite the blue one and some snacks. As I was doing all of this I was thinking of what to tell Charlie about what happened to my face. And then suddenly it came to me: I'll get my mums makeup and cover up the best I can. My mum was taking Nellie on a walk so this was my chance. I had never really done this before so I googled a few ways and well... it looked pretty decent if you ask me. But I'm not pro. I sent a photo to Isaac and he thought it was good but funny.

My mum came back from her stroll around the block and I was going out the door. "Bye nellie." I say in my cute voice. "By mum." I say nicely. I was walking to Charlie's the same way I always go and when I get to the end of his road I think about when he ran after me in the rain and kissed me under the umbrella. That was the best core memory. With a smile on my face I approached his house and knocked on the door.