Chapter 10: Highway Hysteria!

While driving, things were mostly silent cause things were calm. However, at some point, Sonic finally spoke.

"So, what's on your bucket list?" Sonic asked

"Me?" Tom asked

"Yeah." Sonic replies. "We all have a bucket list."

"I mean, you are right, but, well, you're the one leaving the planet." Tom states. "And I don't intend on dieing anytime soon."

"Don't be so sure, with me around, I am a danger magnet." Sonic comments, looking out the window

Tom chuckled a little.

"I guess you have a point." Tom states. "Well, one thing on my bucket list worth noting is that, in Green Hills, i've always felt more like a babysitter more than a real cop, you know? So, my wife and I are gonna move to San Fransisco, and i'm gonna become a street cop an...I don't know, see if I have what it takes."

When Tom looked back at Sonic, Sonic was making a sort of 'what-the-hell-did-you-just-say?' face.

"What's up with your face?" Tom asked

"You're LEAVING Green Hills???!?!?!?!??" Sonic snapped. "Why? Why would you do that?"

"This may be hard for you to understand, but Green Hills is a small town, it's a very small town." Tom replied

"It's not small, there are hundreds of citizens!" Sonic responded

"That's a small town, dude." Tom quickly responds

"It's a perfect town, and the people need you!" Sonic lashes out

"Oh, please, I clean up their yards, clean out their gutters, and jump-start their cars in the winter." Tom states. "They could call literally anybody to do that."

"Sure, they could call anybody to do that, but they don't." Sonic responds. "They call you."

Meanwhile,. in his truck, Robotnik walked up to the two keypads that can control practically all of his tech. He then pushed a button on one of the pas and saw a series of holograms he could use to get Tom and Sonic into his clutches.

"Hm....Eenie Meeny Miney......Mayhem." Robotnik said a he selected the hologram of some sort of tank

Back with Sonic and Tom, they were in the middle of their argument.

"Would you calm down??!??" Tom snapped

"You live from a great town, with great people, and by my count, ZERO BAD GUYS TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!" Sonic states. "Besides, what could POSSIBLY be more important than protecting the people you care about?"

Before Tom could really say anything, a harpoon from the tank that he just noticed in his side mirror shot through the back windshield and got stuck in the dash So, Tom tried to get it unstuck by steering around as much as he could..

"You know what??? I was wrong about you! You aren't the Doughnut Lord at all!!!" Sonic snaps. "You're more like.....The JERK Lord!"

"Have you noticed the harpoon stuck in our dash!?!?!???!!!!??" Tom quickly questioned

While trying to get the harpoon unstuck, Tom ended up hitting a side railing and Sonic flew out onto the hood of the truck as he sparked a little with the blue electricity.

"Sonic!!!!!" Tom called out

"I was FORCED from my home. Your home is perfect and you're leaving it. Why would you do that??!?!???!?!??!????" Sonic questioned