014,

EPISODE EIGHTthe mind flayer

EPISODE EIGHT
the mind flayer.

SUDDENLY, AFTER waiting for what felt like hours, nancy and johnathan drove their car in, and then returned a little while later with another car. "get in! c'mon!" chief jim hopper exclaimed loudly.

they all clambered into chief hoppers car, shouting complaints of how long they were taking and nova huffed in relief when she was sat down, next to lucas and by the window.

"who..?" hopper pointed at the two unknown girls.

"hey, names nova. this is max." she introduced as hopper shook her hand hurriedly and then sped off.

they all arrived at the byers house, but everyone was sitting silently around the house, processing the death of bob newby. nova didn't know him, but he sounded lovely.

hopper spoke angrily to somebody on the phone as nova sighed, looking at the group with a small frown. "they didn't believe you, did they?" dustin spoke up as hopper put down the phone with a sigh.

hopper turned to them, "we'll see."

"'we'll see'? we can't just sit here while those things are loose!" mike exclaimed as nova jumped at the sudden shouting, but looked away awkwardly as max smiled sympathetically at her and lucas glanced at her.

"we stay here, and we wait for help." hopper spoke, nova's actions not going unnoticed by him.

"i hope mrs. byers is okay." nova spoke up softly, they all looked over at her and nodded in agreement.

everyone sat silently for a few moments, dustin even rubbed his eyes, sniffing slightly as mike got up suddenly and walked over to something, picking it up and turning to them. "did you guys know that bob was the original founder of hawkins AV?"

they all looked at him, "really?" lucas asked, wide eyes. mike nodded, "he petitioned the school to start it and everything. then he had a fundraiser for equipment. mr. clarke learned everything from him. pretty awesome, right?"

"yeah." both lucas and dustin spoke, "we can't let him die in vain." mike said, as if he was going to start a motivating speech.

"well, what do you wanna do, mike?!" dustin snapped suddenly, "the chiefs right on this. we can't stop those demo-dogs on our own.

"demo-dogs?" max almost scoffed in confusion.

"...demogorgon...dogs...demo-dogs. it's like a compound. like a play on words—" he began, "okay." max stopped him with a sarcastic smile.