Chapter 11: Team Meeting

Cheers celebrating Raider's return echoed from the distant streets while Blue followed Space through the town. They had split up with Mass and Hope after having agreed to meet up at the town hall. Mass had run off shouting something over his shoulder about bringing Blue's new armour, which admittedly had put a smile on Blue's face. It would be nice to be geared up like the others, especially after he felt a shiver now the wind had picked up. He had already enquired as to the whereabouts of his sword and found out that Raider had ordered it to be stored at the armoury. He had also been informed that Mass had been repairing it since it was quite damaged and would break soon if not cared for properly.

Blue followed Space down another street past a community well, a clowder of cats playing on an outdoor cat tree and several beautifully arranged flower beds. He felt the tension fade from his arms and shoulders as he relaxed during the walk and taking the time to enjoy exploring the town. The feeling of safety and security was a breath of fresh air after having to survive in the wilderness. He did hope he would have the chance to see it all; having quizzed Space for more details of the town, Blue had learned that originally it had only been a quarter of its current size. Raider and the Mechanic had constructed the town wall with the intention of massively expanding the original village in order to provide enough homes, farmland and utilities to support the growing population along with more and more refugees that had come flooding in from destroyed villages in the surrounding area.

Space had gone on to explain the entire town's layout. He had pointed out the stable's location near the town's western entrance, providing easy access for anyone going in or out on horseback, and home to the town's horses, donkeys and llamas. Adjacent to the stables stood a large yellow and black striped dome containing the town's apiary for producing honey and honeycomb.

The vast farmland stretched along the entire northern wall, including the animal pens where the cows, pigs, chickens, rabbits and sheep resided. There were several huge plots for growing wheat, carrots, potatoes and beetroots along with berry, melon and pumpkin patches. There was even a sugar cane and bamboo farm with an automated collection system, another creation of the Mechanic.

The cluster of houses along the eastern wall made up the residential area, including the guest house where Blue had spent his week-long nap. Space had also mentioned that Sweet Gateaux and Wonder Wardrobe, the town's cake shop and clothes store respectively, could be found in that area.

The south-eastern corner had been named the Wizard's Sector. Home of Hocus Potions brewing shop and Gandledore's enchanting library. There was also a black brick dome inside a small compound called the Nether Gate that Space had insisted to keep away from unless absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, that only sparked a rebellious feeling that made Blue even more interested. To the south was the mine entrance, apparently leading to a huge underground ravine where they had discovered an abandoned mineshaft, and even to this day were continuing to find a plethora of ores and materials. The smeltery, armoury and blacksmith shop known as TGX Industries sat in the south-western corner.

Other attractions around the centre of town included a red and white tower with a helter skelter, several statues of men carrying various tools and objects, a nature park with several walking paths around a central pond, a couple of water fountains, a circle of bizarre stone pillars covered in moss, and a large white construction in the shape of a goblet Space had referred to as the Eternal Flame, the strange thing being that the fire inside it was blue.

Space also explained that at several specific points around town were small buildings with stairs leading down into Flagtown's underground storeroom. A huge space with large wooden supports where all the produce from the farms, mine, or TGX Industries was sent via a series of tunnels. Each tunnel had a minecart track running through it. Everything from food to various ores were loaded in and sent to be sorted and stored.