A wrong for a right

Barley stole Colt's wallet. He was an older guy with a decent enough job which pays well so surely he would have a few thousand dollars. Although he loved to screw around with his annoying stepdad, he can't deny he did feel a bit guilty about doing this. Stealing it was surprisingly easy though, all he had to do was take it right out his pocket while he was in the shower. It was very early in the morning as he did this, the blood was pumping through his veins with all kinds of adrenaline. Out of curiosity, he opened it up and had a look inside, he had a few hundred dollar notes and some coins, the credit card was there which was good but so where some pictures. "Hm? What's this?" Barley asked himself with a whisper, he pulled out a picture to see it was one of his mother...in her yoga pants working up a sweat in the gym. The context behind this and being able to acknowledge the feelings this brought to Colt grossed him out a great deal. He began to gag immediately as he shoved the photo back in, puffing up his cheeks as if he was trying to hold in a vomit. "Blegh..." Barley quickly closed the wallet up, sticking his tongue out in disgust.

Just then he heard Colt walking down the hallway, it was easy to tell his steps apart from everyone else because of the clopping sounds that come from his hooves. Barley quickly shoved the wallet into his vest and began to whistle innocently as he walked by. "Oh hey, Barley! You're up early!" Colt said with a smile.

"Haha! Yep! I just really wanted to tackle this day, you know?" Barley said with a nervous smile, he tried desperately to act natural.

However Colt knew him well and he recalled him angrily storming out the house yesterday. "Now Barley, you're not planning to get into any trouble are you?"

Barley quickly shook his head. "No! Course not! Why would ya even think that?" Barley asked with a nervous laugh, his hazel eyes dart to the side to avoid his gaze.

Colt sighs a little bit, he knew he was lying to him but he can't exactly scold him for something he didn't do yet. "Barley, I know how upset you are. Believe me, I am too. But we shouldn't do anything that would be too risky for us...please just try not to think too much about it. Maybe go see your girlfriend, watch a movie to help cheer you younglings up ok?"

Barley was a little taken aback by what he said. This was the first time he showed any sympathy when he got like this, usually if it comes to protecting an old building or facility mighty warriors have once used Colt just got annoyed. But this time it was life and death as he had said, unicorns were expected to be hunted down. It was nice to see he had at least a little bit of compassion but Barley was still upset that he didn't have the courage to help him save them, willingly that is. Barley knew if he found out he stole his wallet and blew all that money he was going to be furious but he will take whatever punishment awaits him if it means he can save them. Even if it means having to do all of the house chores for months. Looking down, he started to feel a bit more guilty but he wasn't going to just confess, he knew it in his gut that he had to go through with it. "O-ok...." he says sadly.

Colt then headed out, not too long after Barley did too. He looked up on his phone about where he can find a decent enough float. "Man, it's like a whole other world! Back then everyone just road their horses wherever they want with some old carriages attached to them." Barley said to himself. He found a place that sells a few and even saw there was one available with five slots, not bad. It looked sturdy enough, since Barley helped fix up Gwenivere the first he was able to learn a thing or two about what makes something tick. The wheels were plump and thick, the walls were hard and solid. A wide grin appeared across his face the moment he saw it. "It's perfect!" He said happily.

He was able to get some assistance easily enough. Barley asked how much money it was with a bright and seemingly innocent smile. He was certain Izzy would be happy with this one. "10,550." Says the seller. Barley's smile faded a bit, that was more than he had thought but it was just so perfect. He knew Colt's PIN number but how much was truely in there was yet to be discovered. Sadly he has no real way of finding out unless he hacks his bank accounts and that was one thing Barley can't do.