Kiss In The Dark

Aries wore a blue jacket over his white tailored-fit shirt. He fixed his sleek tie, looking at himself in the mirror and combed his hair, pulling it back with a gel. He opened one of his drawers and selected an expensive wristwatch out of his collection.

Once satisfied with his look, he left his mansion and the chauffeur opened the door of the backseat for him. "Take me to Sasha Lewis!" He asked the chauffeur, dropping a message to Sasha to be ready as he hated waiting for women.

An hour later, the car stopped outside the apartment complex. Aries walked into the elevator and pressed the button on the twenty-fifth floor. Ten seconds later, the elevator opened, and he entered her penthouse with his fingerprints.

His eyes swept around her luxurious apartment, and he groaned, realising that she was still getting ready. He marched upstairs, pulling a long face, and knocked on her bedroom door. "Sasha, I told you to be ready on time!" He said in his deep voice.

"Coming!" Sasha shouted from inside and opened the door, dressed in a seductive white gown with a plunging neckline. Her hair was up in a beautiful bun and diamond earrings were dazzling in her ears.

Her blue eyes were pinned at Aries while the latter checked her out from bottom to top. "How am I looking?" She asked biting her lips, and Aries leaned on the door frame inhaling her intoxicating fragrance.

"I'd have taken my sweet time to describe how ravishing you're looking tonight!" His finger traced her neck, disappearing into the valley of her breast. "But let's save it for later. We're getting late for the party." He whispered, taking her hand, and they walked out.

***

Wearing a white shirt with panels precisely tucked in the black skirt reaching up to her knees, Cara stood in the line with the other servers, her dark blonde hair was neatly pulled in a ponytail and she stood straight and professionally with her hands behind her back and listened to the instruction of the manager.

"We're having elite-class guests tonight and I'll not tolerate any mistake." He said, inspecting each one of them if they were dressed appropriately and presentable.

"Stay attentive to the needs of the guests. If I get any bad reviews, you'll be fired on the spot." He said, stopping before Cara and fixing her bow tie.

"I'll monitor all of you. So stay focused and don't make me find you sitting idle in some corner." He said, and the staff nodded. "Dismiss!"

Everyone left, but the manager stopped Cara and Sandra.

***

In the limousine, Aries tried to focus on reading an important document on his phone, but Sasha was more interested in some naughty business while they were on their way to the venue. She scooted close to him.

"Not now, Sasha!" He said nonchalantly, his eyes pinned on his phone screen, but she snuggled more into him, crossing her long legs, putting on a nice show for him.

"Why?" she whispered in his ear, and he groaned when her hand reached his crotch.

Aries looked in her direction and pecked her lips, but Sasha deepened the kiss. Her hand played with the buckle of his belt. But Aries held her wrist abruptly, ending the kiss. "Stop if you don't want to be fucked like a slut in the back seat of the car." He said, looking deep into her eyes.

"What if I want to?" She arched an eyebrow, biting her lips seductively.

"Behave!" He said sternly and his cold eyes were just enough to stop her.

***

"Listen, girl, we hired you because one of our employees ditched us at the last minute and Sandra believes you're perfect for this job. But one mistake and you'll be fired from the job without any settlement." The manager stated firmly.

"I'll not disappoint you, sir," Cara said confidently, giving her best smile, but her hazel eyes didn't hide the misery of her soul.

"We will see!" The manager allowed them to leave.

***

Cara, with a polite smile on her face, collected the drinks from the bar counter and served them on the cocktail tables covered in red velvet and stayed attentive to the needs of all the guests.

Her eyes roamed around and she saw the banquet hall filling up with elite businessmen, and for the briefest second, she imagined her father walking through the grand entrance with his enchanting smile, the thought itself brought a genuine smile to her face that was reaching up to her hazel eyes.

Cara sniffled, holding back the tears and shook her head, dismissing the thought. She strolled to the bar to get the other round of drinks. "Thank you," she smiled at the bartender taking the tray off the counter, and while walking through the crowd, she heard a loud commotion and everyone's focus shifted to the entrance.

There was a loud buzz in the women about Aries Grayson, the business magnet and the CEO of the year. "God, he is so gorgeous!" Cara heard one of the women whispering to another and she tried to peek between the shoulder of the tall men but failed to catch a glimpse.

Sandra appeared beside her and nudged her in the arm. "Cara, go there! They need drinks." She said, gesturing in the other direction, and Cara hastily disappeared into the crowd.

***

Aries and Sasha, the couple were the talk of the town lately, and the paparazzi quickly assembled around them to take pictures. Sasha linked her arm with Aries as they walked in through the entrance, and after a couple of shots, Aries gestured for the paparazzi to stop and they stepped aside to let them enter the party.

Aries mingled with the investors he was attending the party for while Sasha was busy with other ladies. Aries tried to distract his mind from the throbbing erection in his pants, but the fire she ignited in the car didn't slow down. He quickly discussed his purpose of meeting with the investors and fixed an official meeting with them.

Cara appeared at his table and he took the drink from her without throwing a glance in her direction. "Thank you," He said in his deep voice and bottomed up his drink. Cara glanced up at him, but he turned his back to her, looking for Sasha in the crowd, and finally, he spotted her at the bar, laughing and talking to the girls surrounding her.

Not wanting to get involved in their silly conversation, Aries retrieved his phone from his trousers and sent her a text, looking up in her direction and a wide smirk stretched on his lips as he watched her taking out the phone from her clutch bag and read his text.

Her eyes looked for him in the crowd and finally stopped at Aries, his smirk reflected on her face. Sasha saw him moving in another direction, and she stepped down from her high-rise bar stool to follow him when she bumped into Sandra and drinks spilled on her dress.

"I'm extremely sorry, ma'am!" Sandra panicked, forwarding some tissues in her direction.

Sasha gave her a hard glare. "What the fuck have you done?" She shouted at her. "This was an expensive dress, you moron!"

***

"Thank you for this job, universe! I don't know what will I do tomorrow, but I'm sure you must've planned something amazing for me and I'll patiently wait for the magic." Cara thanked the universe in her heart while the bartenders refilled the glasses.

"Thank you!" She maintained her charming smile even after serving ten rounds of drink in her six inches-high heels. Every time she felt her heels killing her feet, she imagined the money she was gonna get by the end of the party.

As she was about to turn, a hand groped her buttock and squeezed painfully. Cara's face lost all colour. She could feel someone standing too close to her. "It's always a pleasure meeting you!" A voice whispered in her ear.

Cara swiftly turned, leaving the tray on the counter, and came face to face with Alfred Doyle. The biggest nightmare of her life. The man dressed in a white suit was in his late forties and his gaze sent a ripple of terror straight down her spine. Cara shivered watching an evil smirk stretching on his lips.

"I didn't expect to see you here tonight. What a surprise!" He exclaimed with a mysterious glint in his eyes. His thumb brushed her name tag pinned on the right of her white shirt. "Cara,"

Cara gulped, unable to voice out a word. Cold sweat appeared on her forehead. "Oh, why are you scared of me?" Alfred picked a napkin from the counter and tried to wipe the sweat off her face, but she pushed him and ran away, disappearing into the crowd. She just ran without giving a damn about the job, money, or anything. She used the back door that led her into the dark, empty alley.

Aries was smoking when he heard the sound of heels clicking. He crushed the cigarette under his foot, and as soon as he turned, Cara bumped into him. Everything stopped around them, and Aries wrapped his strong arm around her waist. Her heartbeat picked a race, and it was loud enough for both of them to hear in the dark silent alley.

Cara was too stunned to react. Her legs felt paralyzed, and she stayed frozen in his arms. Aries turned them, pinning her against the wall, and lowered his head. "You shouldn't have teased me!" He whispered in her ear and Cara knitted her eyebrows in confusion. But before she could understand anything.

Aries kissed her lips.