EIGHTEEN

Another day had passed.

And another.

And another.

"It looks like we won't have any other option but to get rid of them ourselves." Jeongguk stated as a matter of factly, knowing just like the others that there isn't any food left.

"Does anyone have a better idea?" Namjoon looked around.

"Yoongi, how's your ankle doing?" Hoseok asked, getting a 'hmpfh' and a wave in return, as if he was signaling to not even mention it.

"I'll take that as an 'it's not too great but it'll have to do for now.'" Hoseok sighed, looking over at Namjoon.

"What if our plan goes wrong? What if-"

"-We won't let that happen. Okay? We'll be alright." Jeongguk watched as Seokjin tried to comfort a very doubtful Jimin.

Speaking of him, he still isn't sparing Jeongguk a glance. And he's starting the wonder what is going on with the boy, why he's acting like this.

He doesn't want to seem pushy, so for now he simply let's him be, hoping that he'll come to him eventually instead.

"So when are we going to do this?" Taehyung wondered, looking at everyone.

"Daytime of course, but when? And how are we going to find shelter for the night?"

"The sooner we are putting it into action, the better. There's no food, and the longer we wait, the hungrier and weaker we will be. God knows what kind of situations we'll be getting ourselves into, so we need all of our strength,"

Jeongguk answered, looking over at Namjoon who nodded, before continuing,

"-if we pack everything, we could start today. It's six in the morning, I think we'd be ready by the time the clock hits eight."

Everyone stood in silence for a few seconds, humming quietly.

"Alright," Hoseok tried to smile, trying to get some positivity and hope into everyone. "We can do this!"

Soon enough, they had packed all of the important stuff. From clothing to medication to the first-aid kit to everything else they needed to have on them.

Jeongguk grabbed his selfmade weapon which was laying on the floor in the hallway, bag securely on his back and the sniper rifle hanging around his shoulder.

"Okay, let's do this." Jeongguk tried to encourage himself, taking a deep breath in.

He made his way to the roof together with Namjoon, the others waiting impatiently for their part of the plan.

They crouched towards the edge, Jeongguk grabbing the rifle from his shoulder and letting it rest on the roof while he looked through the scope, his pointy finger on the trigger.

He felt Namjoon pat his back, and he took that as a sign to start.

Okay, JK, you can do this. It'll be okay, it'll work out, just shoot their brains out, and they'll drop dead.

So with that, he aimed at his first target, the scope making it a lot easier to perfectly go for the kill.

One, two, three-

He shot.

The sound of the gun going off and the bullet rapidly speeding towards the walker's head could be heard from miles. The moment the walker dropped dead to the ground and everyone and everything had processed the situation, all of the remaining walkers hissed loudly, screeching, trying to locate where it was coming from.